How Sex Isn’t The Only Form Of Infidelity In Relationships These Days
It’s 5:30 am, and your alarm goes off. You open your eyes, and your mind starts racing. Meetings, conference calls and project deadlines all loom.
Why is there always so much to do and never enough time to get it done?
You grab your phone and scroll through your notifications as you walk into the shower, half awake.
Knowing she’s not up, you send her a text message: “Good morning, baby. I hope you have a wonderful day.”
This text serves as two reminders: You want her to know she’s the first thing on your mind. And, more importantly, she needs to realize that, regardless of how stressful or busy your days are, she’s the priority.
It sounds so perfect, but that’s not reality.
Instead, you’ll log into Instagram or Facebook, nosing into everyone else’s life, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll send that text to your woman on the way to work.
Relationships these days lack direction. People “date,” but what the hell does that even mean anymore? Is it hanging out twice a month? Texting all day? Kissing here and there?
Something is missing. What’s causing relationships to falter at the rate they are?
Relationships thrive on communication. Our most intimate emotions are reserved for the person we love, so how is it acceptable to never show them?
We’ve accepted so many unacceptable things: sitting at the dinner table with our phones out, arguing over text, publishing every minute of our lives on social media.
Do you know what trumps all that? That society has accepted relationships in which we are being cheated on every day.
When you think of cheating in the traditional sense, having sex with another person comes to mind.
It’s an intimate situation in which the person you love is connecting with another while you are going about your life, loving and caring for said person.
Once you find out, all trust is lost. But think about the concept for a minute.
Webster’s Dictionary defines cheating as the deprivation of “something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud.”
Sure, sex is cheating and may be the most hurtful case, but have you ever stopped to think you’re being cheated out of your relationship every day?
We experience a lack of communication, attention, passion, intimacy and even lack of love. Why are we okay with this and all the communication shortcuts that have become so common?
This type of cheating causes much more damage than that of any sexual affair.
You’ve given your heart to someone and love him or her with every bone in your body, but you have to beg for his or her attention.
You sit back and watch this person post status updates about useless things, or post pictures just so people can comment.
You need to take a minute to tell her she’s beautiful. Call her after work to say, “Get dressed in 30 minutes. I’m picking you up and taking you somewhere special.”
Make an effort. Old-fashioned love needs to make another round.
The days of holding hands, opening the car door, taking her out “just because,” sending her flowers just to get a smile and leaving her notes on her car should never be gone.
We have to be children when it comes to love.
We have to be vulnerable and free. That can’t happen when we’re preoccupied with the details of everyone else’s lives.
Focus on each other. When it’s all said and done, that’s all you really have.
Appreciate her, and show her how much she means to you. But, most importantly, put your phone down, and dial into what’s in front of you.
by Anthony D'Ambrosio
Source: Elite Daily
- True Love VS. Toxic Love: 14 Core Differences
- Why Modern Relationships Are Falling Apart So Easily Today
- The Difference Between A Mature Relationship And An Immature Relationship
- Why Sex Is Not The Only Way To Cheat On Someone
- Heartbreaking Facebook Post By A Man Who Has Just Found Out His Wife's Been Cheating For 10 Years
- This Is Why A Good Man Will Never Cheat On You
- What Marriage Is Really Like
- A Man Who Just Got Divorced Wrote This Epic Marriage Advice
- My Dear Son, This is How to Treat a Woman
- Smart and Didactic Video About Sexual Consent
- Research: Sex Could Improve Brain Function
- Research Reveals Intelligent People Stay up Later, Do More Drugs and Have More Sex
- Sex and Aural Energy
- 16 Reasons To Have Daily Sex
- 7 Crazy Amazing Facts About The Clitoris
- The Best Sign Of A Healthy Relationship Is No Sign Of It On Facebook
- 10 Signs That Your Relationship Will Last
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Signs That You Have Found The Love Of Your Life
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 5 things you should do for yourself before getting into a relationship
- 5 Signs You’re in a Toxic or Draining Relationship
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Toxic Relationships Mentally Strong People Avoid
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
How Sex Isn’t The Only Form Of Infidelity In Relationships These Days Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:53 AM Rating: