10 Signs That Your Relationship Will Last
Sometimes finding a relationship that will last forever feels impossible. So what is it that makes one couple last and another fall? If you want to know if your relationship can last the distance, you need to consider a few things. With so many of other people’s relationships falling apart around them, it’s not surprising that some people begin to wonder if their own relationship will last. So, how can you tell that you really have found ‘the one’? If you are one of those who have doubts, then check out these 10 signs that you are in a relationship that will last.
Relationships that are going places also include two people who talk about things. I'm not talking only about your favourite movies or songs. I'm talking about the important stuff like life decisions, good feelings, and bad feelings. Couples who talk to each other, stay together because they work out the problems before they become serious. In addition, soulmates use the same function words—such as pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions, and quantifiers. If you and your partner share this habit, then you have a higher likelihood of keeping it together.
Trust is an essential element for all relationships. Each partner should have faith in the other. We all know honesty is the best policy. You should not have to wonder if your lover is telling the truth. If your partner respects you they will not try to shield any information from you. They would never lie to you, in fact, they won’t feel the need to hide anything from you. There will be no secrets in the relationship, they would even tell you about their ex. If there are no secrets in your relationship, it sure means that you are with someone who really respects you.
3) Laughing together
A matching, or at least similar, sense of humor is crucial. If you can't laugh together, there is zero future. Research shows laughter has a positive impact on our physical and mental well-being and can stimulate the release of the feel-good hormones, endorphins – so it’s not surprise laughing with your other half is on top of many experts’ relationship ‘to do’ list. Jokes also help people connect. Sharing a good belly laugh is a great way to improve work and personal relationships. And from a mental-health perspective, studies suggest that laughter can relieve depression and reduce feelings of loneliness.
4) Making plans
No one of you is commitment phobic. You both know that you have taken a plunge together in the relationship and you both from time to time talk about your future plans. You may not have necessarily decided upon moving in together, but it’s a thing you two frequently refer to. Not in a way that keeps you from enjoying the present together, of course, but in a way that ensures that you will have a future together. Setting goals together, making plans for the kind of life you want to live with your partner, and checking in along the way helps to keep you connected as you dream together.
5) Truly knowing each other
When you begin to sense that the person you love is becoming more and more aware of the “real you” and trying to help you get your deepest needs satisfied, you are on the edge of a rich and fulfilling experience. Just remember that the best way to stay yourself in a relationship is to maintain your interests. When two people fall in love, they experience themselves and each other as separate individuals with distinct identities, and their own ideas, interests and friends. Their individuality is what makes them interesting to each other and, of course, you both truly know each other.
6) Supporting each other
Whether or not you share each others' passions or life ambitions, when you truly care about someone you want to see them succeed and be happy in whatever they love. This means standing beside them, not in their way, when they dedicate effort towards pursuing a goal. Understanding and trust comes only through years of kindness towards each other’s feeling, not judgment. Ask yourself this: do you have each other’s back in any situation, good or adverse? If yes, then you are in for the long haul. Be kind and less judgmental towards yourself and apply the same attitude towards your partner. This would be the best climate for your relationship to thrive and be successful in.
You honour each other’s boundaries and encourage each other to pursue passions and dreams. If you love dancing, they encourage you to do it. If you love travelling and they don’t, they encourage you to do it with friends. You don’t expect them to fulfill all of your emotional needs, which is why you hang out with other people too (friends, family, etc.). You meet some of your emotional needs through others and they are not threatened by this. Your partner is the most important person in your life, but not the only important person. They never make you feel invalidated, foolish or needy.
Some people think sex is overrated in a relationship, while others think there are many reasons why sex is important with your spouse. When you are in love, it can connect the two of you in a way unlike any other. Let’s be honest: sex is important in the life of a couple. We know there are other factors that make for a healthy relationship, but this is a good benchmark to take into consideration. Take a closer look at what goes on between the sheets; do you feel that you’re developing true, lasting intimacy?
9) Having fun together
The beginnings of relationships are so exciting because everything is so heightened. But it's when you're doing the mundane things of everyday life — eating dinner, grocery shopping, doing yard work, sitting on the couch watching TV — and are completely comfortable and content doing a whole lot of nothing, that's love. Taking time to hang out together, to share your day, to cuddle, to make love, to play, to laugh together and cry together — these are all relationship healing choices. Having this keeps your bond stronger. Staying focused on crossing off everything on your to-do list can be relationship-destroying. Couples thrive when there is time for connection, and they fall apart when getting things done consistently has a higher priority than connection.
10) Common interests
For long-term relationships characterized by high commitment, greater perceived similarity (not less) is what predicts romantic liking. So, ask yourself some tough questions about how similar you and your new partner really are, in terms of values, goals, leisure preferences, open-mindedness, etc. It might give you some good insight into the potential staying power of the relationship.
- 20 Signs That You Have Found The Love Of Your Life
- Sex and Aural Energy
- 16 Reasons To Have Daily Sex
- Dating Then And Now: 8 Basic Differences That Should Make You Reconsider The Way You Flirt
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- They Asked These 2 Strangers The Same Questions. You'll Be In Tears By The End
- She Sat With Many Strangers That Day, But When This Man Shows Up I Got Goosebumps
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- As I Began To Love Myself – Charlie Chaplin – A Beautiful Self Love Poem
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- What Albert Einstein Taught Us About Love
- Brain Scans Show The Real Impact Love Has On A Child’s Brain
- What Self-Love Means: 20+ Ways to be Good to Yourself
- Research Mapping Human Emotions Shows Strong Mind Body Connection
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 5 things you should do for yourself before getting into a relationship
- 5 Signs You’re in a Toxic or Draining Relationship
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Toxic Relationships Mentally Strong People Avoid
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha
10 Signs That Your Relationship Will Last Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:40 PM Rating: