7 Reasons Why Intelligent People Face Difficulties In Having A Relationship
Intelligent people are usually the ones who have more trouble in finding love. It might sound weird, but cleverness can also be a disadvantage for someone who thinks a lot.
The following facts explain why sometimes it's so hard for intelligent people to fall in love and be in a serious relationship:
1) Intelligent people are more independent.
It's a fact that the more intelligent a person is the more they value independence as a trait. That's why they have a secret fear of commitment since they are afraid that a relationship may change their independent way of living. Of course that's not true. A serious, meaningful relationship will never damage your independence. If your partner truly loves you and respects you as well, then they will never try to control your life. Love is not like prison.
2) Intelligent people are more suspicious.
When you think too much, there's a possibility that you'll start thinking bad things. Sometimes intelligent people fill their minds with insecurities. They can't easily be fooled, but that's exactly because they're afraid of being fooled! They are too careful when they pick a partner or even a friend and that's why they end up being alone for long periods of time. Of course, being too naive isn't good either, but being too suspicious can only trouble you more.
3) Intelligent people focus more on their careers.
Smart people want to succeed in life and that's completely respectable. However, the fact that they focus on their job sometimes leaves them with no time left for having a social life. That's why smart people are the ones who are somewhat "late" to settle down. I don't really see anything bad with that, since we all choose to make some little "sacrifices".
4) Intelligent people tend to think too much.
Sometimes, intelligent people are the ones who hurt themselves in a relationship. They tend to analyse every minor subject, so they create bigger problems. Overthinking can sometimes lead to endless fights in a relationship. It's even worse if you don't fight and you keep everything inside you; then it feels like you will choke. Try to relax and don't think too much, because that only increased your anxiety.
5) Intelligent people are often perfectionists.
The previously mentioned characteristic of "thinking too much" is often combined with this one. Perfectionists want their lives - and, as a matter of fact, their relationships - to be completely flawless. You just need to understand that this is not always possible. In fact, most of the times your life will be imperfect. But isn't that the perfection of life?
6) Intelligent people don't fall in love that easily.
The reason is really simple: intelligent people value intelligence in others as well. So appearance is not really important. They need to truly know the other person, their hobbies and their personality, to decide if they're the one. That's understandable. However, if you are an intelligent person, you should be careful; if you waste too much time deciding if the other person is the right partner, they might run away and then you'll end up alone.
7) Intelligent people trust their minds more than their hearts.
A mind, especially a clever one, can sometimes confuse the heart. There are some simple moves to make your heart and mind work together: Firstly, learn the advantages and disadvantages of the mind. To a certain point, rational thinking is beneficial, but it can sometimes go overboard. Then, learn to discern your heart from your rational mind. Listen to your heart. Your inner voice may not always be clear, but it’s trying to tell you something. Learn how to listen to it. To start, you’ll need to temporarily drown out our rational thought processes and focus on the voice.
- Research Reveals Intelligent People Stay up Later, Do More Drugs and Have More Sex
- Social Anxiety May Be Associated with High IQ and Empathetic Ability
- People Who Talk To Themselves Aren’t Crazy, They’re Actually Geniuses
- Wearing Black Clothes Makes You Appear More Attractive, Intelligent, And Confident
- Sapiosexuality: Why Some of Us are Attracted Purely by Intelligence (backed by science, of course)
- 10 Traits Of A Person With High Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence: Is It More Important than your IQ?
- Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Find Out Your EQ
- The 9 Types of Multiple Intelligences - Which "Smart" Are You?
- Multipotentiality: Why Having More Than One True Calling Could Be A Good Thing
- What's Your Dominant Intelligence?
- Do You Have The Intelligence Of A Scientist Or An Artist?
- Is Your Brain Logical Or Creative?
- How Much Common Sense Do You Have?
- Can You Solve This Optical Illusion?
- Can You Actually See As Well As You Think You Can?
- This Color Blot Test Will Determine Your Dominant Personality Trait
- Only 1 in 4 people can see all the colors: do the test!
- What Did You See First?
- Test: Do You See A Duck Or A Rabbit?
- What Kind Of Unique Person Are You According To What You See?
- What Is Your True Personality Color?
- What Is Your Personality Type According To The Words You Use?
- Can We Guess Your Age Based On Your Lifestyle Choices?
- What's YOUR Brain Age?
- Test your Scientific and Technological Knowledge
- Just 6% Of Americans Got All Of These Basic Science Questions Right. How Well Will You Do?
- Only 2 % Are Able To Solve This Einstein's Riddle! Are YOU Able?
- From Darwin To Einstein: How Did Brilliant Minds Spend Their Everyday Lives?
- Socrates Was One Of The Smartest People Ever Lived. Here Are 24 Out Of His Most Important Quotes That Everyone Needs To Read
- Even the smartest people forget these 7 basic truths
7 Reasons Why Intelligent People Face Difficulties In Having A Relationship Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 9:27 AM Rating: