There are some things that hold us back in our life. It can be our young age, our family or our friends. There are some times however, when even ourselves prevent us from succeeding in life. This happens because we keep believing negative things about ourselves, things that destroy our confidence. Here are 7 lies we keep telling to ourselves. This will help you find the truth!
1) "People will criticize me for being who I am."
The truth is that there will be always people who will jugde you for being who you are. Especially if who you are is a successful person, people are jealous of. But why paying so much attention to other people's opinion? They might be jealous of you, they might want to hurt you, they might want to make you vulnerable or they might not like you at all. But there's no problem with that since we cannot be loved by everybody. So just be yourself and there will be always someone who will adore you for that!
2) "I can't trust anyone, because they might betray me"
We all have known at least one person who betrayed us, but that doesn't mean that everyone isn't trustworthy. Try not to be suspicious with everyone. If you want to know what a person is really like, prejudging will only blur the picture for you. Of course you should be careful and try not to trust everyone you meet but that doesn’t mean that all these people aren’t trust-worthy. Moreover, how do you expect to form a meaningful relationship with anyone, if you are not open to the world? Trust freely but be smart enough to know how to handle the toxic people in your life.
3) "I won't fall in love because I am afraid of getting my heart broken."
Love and pain are two sides of the same coin, two very important lessons in life that both need to be taken. Through love, you'll also get pain. But there will be also happy moments as well. Without love, there are no happy moments. There is loneliness which is painful as well, and even more. So don't hesitate to fall in love. There are certain things you're going to lose, but in the end you are going to be a winner.
4) "It's too late to follow my dreams."
There are moments in life when you feel disappointed with the current situation you are in and it is likely that this can cause negative emotions like the feeling of being too old to try for something. But it's this belief that is limiting you, not your age. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you’ll recover from this emotional trap. The truth is, you have the power to do whatever you want with your life and if you don’t feel satisfied with your current situation, you can change it for the better. It is never too late to make your dreams come true, the important thing is to take action.
5) "I will always be failing at achieving my goals."
Failure isn't as bad as you think. What you need to realize is that failure is just a steppingstone to success. So if you stop being afraid of failure, then you'll grow stronger. The most important thing to do after each fall is to rise and try again. Each failure takes you one step closer to your goal. Through failure we have the opportunity to grow stronger and learn new life lessons.
6) "I can't ask for what I want because I fear rejection"
It's true that you can fail at what you want and it's also a fact that many times you'll get a "No" as an answer. But that does not mean that there are going to be only failures. Plus, if you never try, then you have already failed! Find the courage and ask for what you want from life. You might get it.
7) "I am not that strong to reach success"
This is a very dangerous trap. By losing your confidence and not believing in yourself and your abilities, you actually risk of losing the chance to follow your dreams. On the contrary, if you tell yourself that it is your destiny to be succesful, you can make a begin. The things that separate successful and unsuccessful people are that successful people believe in themselves and they don’t fear failure. They know that it is all up to them to make things work for them which gives a big drive for success. So just believe it!
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 8 Ways To Take Control Back Over Your Mind
- 12 Tips for Recovering from Emotional Pain
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go & Move On
- 25 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- 29 Signs You’re Doing Just Fine (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits – 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways
- The Importance Of Attitude: How Changing Your Attitude Will Change Your Life
- Mark Twain’s Top 9 Tips For Living A Kick-Ass Life
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things Highly Confident People Don’t Do
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself