Some things might be too obvious to realize, even if you're really smart. Here are some truths you might had forgotten:
1. There is no problem with not being ready to do something.
How many times has someone accused you for not getting a good chance just because you did not feel ready? Well, that's not particularly a bad thing. Opportunities won't ask you before they appear. As it is logical, they might appear when you are not ready to seize them. That does not mean of course you should ignore them forever. But still don't push yourself too hard to do something you don't want to. Missed chances can make you stronger for the future. Then you'll have the power to seize new opportunities.
2. Failing is as natural as succeeding.
Don't be so anxious about failing. Remember, failure is only a fall. If you take it too serious then you won't find the courage to rise again. But rising is even harder than succeeding in the first attempt. You just need to take the risk. Failure is actually actually a part of the circle of success. Accept it - it's the only way to succeed!
3. If you want something, then try for it!
We often hear that knowledge is power. But it only is power if you use it. Knowing how to do something and actually doing it are two completely different things. It doesn’t matter if, for example, you read books and articles on fighting procrastination, and take no particular action to overcome that problem. Knowledge and intelligence are useless without action.
4. It's absolutely normal to make mistakes
If you look back in the past, maybe you will realize that the mistakes you have done taught you valuable lessons. So why should you be scared of making mistakes, if they help you grow stronger and wiser? Every mistake you make on the way to a particular goal brings you one step closer to achieving it. It is highly possible that the mistake you will regret the most in your life is not taking action because of the fear of making mistakes. This way you will always be wondering what could have happened, if you hadn’t been so scared. And most importantly - you wouldn’t have made any progress. So don’t be afraid of feeling uncertain about something - give it a try and see what happens.
5. It's difficult to make a decision when there are many good options
We live in times when there are so many opportunities for us to choose from when it comes to determining our career and life paths. But when we have so many choices before us, we can often times get confused and indecisive. Business and marketing studies prove that when a consumer has more product choices, he’s predisposed to buy less. If you think about it, choosing one product out of three product choices feels much easier than choosing one out of three hundred. Most people will give up easily, if the buying decision process is tough.
6. Success won't necessarily bring happiness
Many people believe that they can only be happy if they accomplish a particular goal. In my opinion, we can choose to be happy every day, no matter where on the path to our goals we are at the moment. “The monk who sold his Ferrari” by Robin Sharma is one of the most inspiring books I have ever read. One of the main ideas shared by the author is that you don’t have to wait to accomplish your dreams to be happy. The main character was one of the most successful layers in the country but even though he had everything he ever wanted, he wasn’t a happy person. The most important thing is to cherish every moment of every day and to be thankful for who you are and what you have now.
7. We usually see ourself in others
When we have a problem with someone, this can actually help us learn more about ourselves. It can help us learn why we see that problem in the other person, and the reason can be that we hold it inside of us, too, and seeing it exposed before us can be frustrating. But acknowledging that what we see in others is a reflection of ourselves, can help us overcome our unsolved issues.
- 10 Painfully Obvious Truths Everyone Forgets Too Soon
- What If Everything You Were Ever Taught Was A Lie?
- 8 Great Philosophical Questions That We’ll Never Solve
- Here Are 35 Things You Probably Believe… But Are Total Lies. Everything You Thought Is Wrong
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- Ten Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 10 Things You Can Do Every Day To Benefit Your Brain
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
- You Are Free To Make Choices In Life But You Are Not Free From The Consequences Of Those Choices