Wearing Black Clothes Makes You Appear More Attractive, Intelligent, And Confident
For a long time now, we’ve used our humble eyes to come to the easy conclusion: black is by far the best color for clothing. Now, a study has confirmed that wearing black makes you appear more attractive, intelligent, and confident, the Independent reports.
The study surveyed over 1,000 people to find which colors they most associated with certain qualities. Black came out either first or second in every positive category, and also was not thought of very often in terms of negative qualities. Sixty-six percent of women thought black was the most attractive color on a man. These results held true the other way around, too, as 46 percent of men (the largest majority out of any of the colors) also preferred black on women.
Red was second as the color that is most closely associated with confidence. However, people also most tied the color red to arrogance and only 12 percent of responders thought it marked intelligence. The colors least associated with intelligence were yellow, orange, and coming in dead last, pink.
The survey was conducted by UK retailer buytshirtsonline.co.uk. Researchers would show survey participants almost-identical photos of a member of the opposite sex where the only thing different was his or her shirt color.
Based on these findings, we hope you were able to cop the murdered out Yeezy Boosts over the weekend, or have copped a couple pieces from The POOL Aoyama’s Melanism collection, which is an exploration of the color black.
Source: Idealist4ever via Independent.co.uk & Complex
- Research Reveals Intelligent People Stay up Later, Do More Drugs and Have More Sex
- Social Anxiety May Be Associated with High IQ and Empathetic Ability
- People Who Talk To Themselves Aren’t Crazy, They’re Actually Geniuses
- Sapiosexuality: Why Some of Us are Attracted Purely by Intelligence (backed by science, of course)
- 10 Traits Of A Person With High Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence: Is It More Important than your IQ?
- Are You Emotionally Intelligent? Find Out Your EQ
- The 9 Types of Multiple Intelligences - Which "Smart" Are You?
- Multipotentiality: Why Having More Than One True Calling Could Be A Good Thing
- What's Your Dominant Intelligence?
- Do You Have The Intelligence Of A Scientist Or An Artist?
- Is Your Brain Logical Or Creative?
- How Much Common Sense Do You Have?
- Can You Solve This Optical Illusion?
- Can You Actually See As Well As You Think You Can?
- This Color Blot Test Will Determine Your Dominant Personality Trait
- Only 1 in 4 people can see all the colors: do the test!
- What Did You See First?
- Test: Do You See A Duck Or A Rabbit?
- What Kind Of Unique Person Are You According To What You See?
- What Is Your True Personality Color?
- What Is Your Personality Type According To The Words You Use?
- Can We Guess Your Age Based On Your Lifestyle Choices?
- What's YOUR Brain Age?
- Test your Scientific and Technological Knowledge
- Just 6% Of Americans Got All Of These Basic Science Questions Right. How Well Will You Do?
- Only 2 % Are Able To Solve This Einstein's Riddle! Are YOU Able?
- From Darwin To Einstein: How Did Brilliant Minds Spend Their Everyday Lives?
- Socrates Was One Of The Smartest People Ever Lived. Here Are 24 Out Of His Most Important Quotes That Everyone Needs To Read
Wearing Black Clothes Makes You Appear More Attractive, Intelligent, And Confident Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:46 PM Rating: