Dear Soulmate, I have always loved you.
Many may find this strange.
But those who have experienced it will understand completely.
You see, I’ve always loved you.
Way before I knew you, before you even thought of me and before I even thought of you, I already knew you.
And when I saw you for the very first time, I recognized you instantly.
I puzzled for a while, questioning where I’d saw your face and slowly it came to me.
You were with me all along.
Every small footstep, each long and winding road, every mountain I struggled to climb, was synchronized with each path you were taking.
Though at the time my mind was not alert and I did not pay attention, as I was concentrating on surviving each day—I can see now that nothing was ever in vain.
I will never forget the first words you spoke to me and how your voice resonated deeply inside my chest.
I thought my heart would break through to get to you, but we’d only just met—have patience, sweet organ, I know you’ve been waiting a life time, but, please, beat slowly and keep me calm.
I knew in an instant that I loved you.
I didn’t know whether you drank tea with no sugar, whether you liked honey on your toast or whether you talked sometimes in your sleep.
Neither did I know if this connection would last a moment nor a lifetime, but I did not care, I submerged in how it felt to be in your company, familiar, yet with so much to learn and unravel.
My imagination is wild, but I never dared to believe in someone such as you.
Our electricity connected and you turned me on.
I saw myself for the first time when I looked into your eyes. And you saw us.
You had strengths where I had weaknesses and your weaknesses built up my assets.
You knew me better than I knew myself. You never faltered, you had faith allowed me beyond your surface.
You cracked your heart wide open and you allowed me to freely step in.
We are one and the same, although, so entirely different.
When our fingers met we made our first love right there, without a care for the world, that continued around us.
You touched me in places I never knew existed, I surrendered to your love and I allowed myself to fall.
I gave you everything and you gave me myself in return.
You held out a mirror and I was no longer afraid to look, I could not see me without knowing you first.
Our fragmented pieces smoothly slid firm into place.
You fearlessly drove and you never once doubted our love.
You ran through each bone in my body and then printed your name on my heart.
My veins pulsed wildly when you tenderly showed me your love.
You gave me it all.
And I loved you more.
I had no choice.
There is no reason nor no explanation for love.
You were always the one and I have always loved you.
I waited and you waited and we finally arrived together.
Credits: Alex Myles / Elephant Journal
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- What Marriage Is Really Like
- A Man Who Just Got Divorced Wrote This Epic Marriage Advice
- My Dear Son, This is How to Treat a Woman
- This Is Why A Good Man Will Never Cheat On You
- The Difference Between Needing, Wanting And Loving Somebody
- 20 Signs That You Have Found The Love Of Your Life
- 10 Signs That Your Relationship Will Last
- Dating Then And Now: 8 Basic Differences That Should Make You Reconsider The Way You Flirt
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- They Asked These 2 Strangers The Same Questions. You'll Be In Tears By The End
- She Sat With Many Strangers That Day, But When This Man Shows Up I Got Goosebumps
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- Research: Sex Could Improve Brain Function
- 16 Reasons To Have Daily Sex
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- As I Began To Love Myself – Charlie Chaplin – A Beautiful Self Love Poem
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- What Albert Einstein Taught Us About Love
- Brain Scans Show The Real Impact Love Has On A Child’s Brain
- What Self-Love Means: 20+ Ways to be Good to Yourself
- Research Mapping Human Emotions Shows Strong Mind Body Connection
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 5 things you should do for yourself before getting into a relationship
- 5 Signs You’re in a Toxic or Draining Relationship
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Toxic Relationships Mentally Strong People Avoid
- The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha