The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha
Young man, be aware of these four good-hearted friends: the helper, the friend who endures in good times and bad, the mentor, and the compassionate friend.
The helper can be identified by four things: by protecting you when you are vulnerable, and likewise your wealth, being a refuge when you are afraid, and in various tasks providing double what is requested.
The enduring friend can be identified by four things: by telling you secrets, guarding your own secrets closely, not abandoning you in misfortune, and even dying for you.
The mentor can be identified by four things: by restraining you from wrongdoing, guiding you towards good actions, telling you what you ought to know, and showing you the path to samsaric heavens.
The compassionate friend can be identified by four things: by not rejoicing in your misfortune, delighting in your good fortune, preventing others from speaking ill of you, and encouraging others who praise your good qualities.
- Taken from the Sigalovada Sutta
**Hat Tip to Paul Lenda of Shift.Is.**
Source: Waking Times via Truth Theory
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- Research Mapping Human Emotions Shows Strong Mind Body Connection
- 8 Ways To Tell if You’re A Truly Compassionate Person
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- 9 Reasons You Need To Be Giving and Receiving Hugs Everyday
- 4 Best Scientifically Proven Benefits Of Meditation
- 5 Things Everyone Should Know About Introverts
- 6 Signs You Could Be a Highly Sensitive Person
- 7 Ways to Better Listen to Your Intuition
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- 50 Loving Sentiments We Should All Say More Often
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 102 Habits for Positive Living
The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 10:55 AM Rating: