8 Signs You're With Someone Who Respects You
A good relationship is all about respecting the thoughts and ideas of your partner. If you want your relationship to be a healthy one, there must be mutual respect. Everyone deserves to enjoy their ideas and thoughts without someone interfering with them, yes everyone deserves to be respected. Who would want to be in a relationship where they aren’t valued? We have listed below a few signs that would tell you how much your partner values you.
1) ACTIVELY SEEKS YOUR OPINION:
Your opinion would matter to them and they will always ask for your opinion before making any decisions, either in their life or relationship. Whatever problem they are in, you would be the person they come to for advice. He/She would listen to what you have to say, they would listen very carefully and will respond to it. If your partner listens to what you have to say, it sure means he respects your ideas. It is a sign of respect.
2) THEY WON’T GET JEALOUS:
Jealousy the official killer of the relationship, if your partner doesn’t get jealous when you go out to spend some time with someone else. It sure means he/she respects you and he/she respects your freedom to spend time as you wish. This is only possible if your partner has trust in you. They would give you the freedom to go anywhere you like on your own, even if there are going to be other guys there. If your partner understands that it’s important to spend time apart, it’s only because they respect the relationship that you two share.
3) THEY WON’T HIDE ANYTHING FROM YOU:
They would never hide anything from you, even if they think you might disapprove. They would open up to you, even if they are worried about what your response will be. They would surely share anything and everything that you want to know about them, even his past. He/She will be open with you about every single thing. And it is possible only if they have respect and trust to you and to the relationship.
We all know honesty is the best policy. Do you think your partner is honest with you? If your partner respects you they will not try to shield any information from you. They would never lie to you, in fact, they won’t feel the need to hide anything from you. There will be no secrets in the relationship, they would even tell you about their ex. If there are no secrets in your relationship, it sure means that you are with someone who really respects you.
5) THEY WOULD MOTIVATE YOU:
What else do you need to realize that your partner respects you? They want to see you succeed and will encourage you to take risks. They would believe in you and they would know that you could handle yourself. Even if you want to do something that us unimaginable, they’d tell you to go for it. And you may succeed in completing the task and even if you don’t, they know you can handle it. And if you can’t they will be there for you always to catch you before you fall. If your partner encourages you, it’s because he respects the relationship and also trusts you.
6) THEY WILL RESPECT YOUR VIEWPOINT:
They would respect your individuality and your right to have your own viewpoints, even if it’s completely opposite to his. It doesn’t bother them, even if you don’t share the same opinion. He/She will listen to it patiently and would never try to change your opinion. If your partner appreciates the differences in opinions as much as the similarities, it sure proves he is in love with you. And he respects your viewpoints.
Many relationships fail due to lack of privacy, is your partner stalking you on Facebook? Does your partner look at your phone for messages when you are not nearby? Do they get jealous when you are speaking to someone? If your partner respects your decisions without any question, he/she is the one. They love you and respect the relationship and wouldn’t question your privacy. If they really respect your relationship they would allow you to make your own decisions without any interference from them.
8) DOING THINGS TOGETHER:
A relationship doesn’t work unless both of them work things together. And if your partner really loves you for who you are, they would share your burdens and happiness with them. They would want you to be with them in every single aspect of their life. And they would be willing to do every single task together, no matter how big or small the task may be they will be ready to offer their help to you anytime and anywhere. It’s only possible if they respect you and your relationship.
Source: I Heart Intelligence
- The Difference Between A Mature Relationship And An Immature Relationship
- The Best Sign Of A Healthy Relationship Is No Sign Of It On Facebook
- 10 Signs That Your Relationship Will Last
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Signs That You Have Found The Love Of Your Life
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 5 things you should do for yourself before getting into a relationship
- 5 Signs You’re in a Toxic or Draining Relationship
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Toxic Relationships Mentally Strong People Avoid
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha
8 Signs You're With Someone Who Respects You Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 8:03 AM Rating: