“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” ―Voltaire
Wars have been a part of history since the beginning of human civilization. Throughout the centuries, nations slaughtered each other for the sake of religion, power, land and natural resources. Even today, when mankind seems to have reached its seemingly highest point of development and the medieval violence is left far behind us, we can’t even imagine our world without war. Instead of using technological and scientific advances to improve people’s lives around the globe, we make more efficient weapons to threaten and kill each other…
This is the reason why artist Gunduz Aghayev, Azerbaijan, has created a new series of illustrations titled “War and Peace.”
Depicting war and its consequences in a satirical way, these powerful illustrations remind us that humans are those who have the responsibility for all the problems that plague this world and only we, humans, can stop this.
With this series, the artist expresses his protest against war and calls for peace before the human race destroys itself with its own hands.
The sad thing is that humans don’t seem to learn the lessons taught by history since modern day wars take place for nearly the same reasons as centuries ago. Religious fanaticism, greed and thirst for power still remain some of the human race’s most persistent features. Only when we change ourselves and, most important, our values, the world may become a more peaceful and safe place to live. Let’s hope that one day it will happen.
See more of Aghaev’s artwork on his Facebook page and Instagram account.
Image credit: Gunduz Aghayev/Facebook
Source: The Mind Unleashed
- Heartbreaking: Here’s What A U.S Soldier Said When Asked To Justify The War On Terror
- 14 Soldiers Photographed Before, During And After They Went To War: The Result Is Shocking
- THE END OF ISIS? Russian Airforce Just Destroyed ISIS’ Main Financial Source: 500 Oil Trucks
- One Year After Murder Of Journalist Who Had Revealed ISIS-Turkey-US Link, MSM, WH Silent [Video]
- Must Watch: Putin Blows The Whistle On Who Really Created ISIS And How It Continues To Grow
- Russia Bombing Reportedly Takes Out 40% Of ISIS Infrastructure In One Week - Warships Attack ISIS Positions In Syria From Caspian Sea
- The Real Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan. It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives.
- The Human Losses Of The Second World War In An Animated Video
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- Germany owes more than €279bn WWII reparations to Greece - more than Greece's debt to EU
- Turkish couple drops wedding banquet to feed 4,000 Syrian refugees
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- The man who stopped World War III