A little child's photograph became viral under the hashtag #Surrended. It's a Syrian girl, according to the photographer who uploaded the picture on Twitter. This girl has experienced the civil war. She has grown up drowning in fear. She has repeatedly seen guns in her everyday life. So, when the photographer tries to take her picture, the little girl thinks that he wants to shoot her with a gun! That's why she raises her hands up high to "surrender".
This single photograph can depict war's horror through a child's eyes. That's why the picture became viral really quickly.
photojournalist took this photo 4 Syrian child, thought he has a weapon not a camera so she Gave up ! #Surrended pic.twitter.com/bm1hOWQWJYNadia AbuShaban is the photographer and reporter who shared the photo on Twitter on March 24th. The retweets became more than 10,000! The reporter mentions that the little kid is a girl ("she gave up"), but some media mention that it's a boy. In addition, some media state that the photographer is Oshan Sagirli, a Turkish reporter.
— Nadia AbuShaban (@NadiaAbuShaban) March 24, 2015
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- Non-Profit Organization Brings Free Solar Energy To The People Of Gaza
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- Palestinian Woman Plants Flowers In Israeli Army Tear Gas Grenades
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- 20 Of The Most Dangerous And Unusual Journeys To School In The World
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- 28 Pieces Of Street Art That Cleverly Interact With Their Surroundings
- The man who stopped World War III
- Which dictator killed the most People?