This gentleman- Vasili Arkhipov- is said to be the real person who stopped a possible World War as well as a nuclear war!
How did he stop WWIII alone?
• Around half century ago, at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, second-in-command Vasilli Arkhipov was in Soviet submarine B-59.
• The US had been dropping powerful bombs near the submarine to force it back to surface, not knowing that has nuclear arms.
• The Soviet officers lost radio contact with Moscow and thought that World War 3 had started
• Two of the officers agreed to ‘explode the warships out of water.’
• But Arkhipov declined to agree with his Captain’s command to open nuclear strikes against US warships.
• This might have been a start of fatal superpower nuclear conflict.
• A unanimous approval of three officers was required.
• Since he said NO, we are all here!
• BBC is finally airing a documentary on it.
Do you Feel thankful for such persons on the planet?
Spread the word about this one with others as well…
Source: The Unknown But Not Hidden via Truth Seeker Daily
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- Palestinian Woman Plants Flowers In Israeli Army Tear Gas Grenades
- 16 Children & Their Bedrooms From Around the World…
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!