Watch The Moment British Soldiers Throw War Medals To Floor With These Powerful Words
“These are my medals, these were given to me as a reward for invading other peoples countries and murdering their civilians. I’m now handing them back."
Last Friday, Veterans For Peace UK staged an important protest which has been entirely ignored by the mainstream media. Just two days before Remembrance Sunday- that time of year when the British press savagely attack anyone who doesn’t look like they are showing respect for the troops- three ex-soldiers who are now self-proclaimed pacifists threw down their medals outside the Prime Minister’s residence.
Outside Downing Street, the veterans lined up to face the police barricades and made the following statement:
“We are members of Veterans For Peace UK, an ex-services organisation of men and women who have served this country in every conflict since the second world war. We exist in the hope of convincing you that war is not the solution to the problems of the 21st century. We have come here today to hand back things, given to us as soldiers, that we no longer require or want.”
These veterans believe that war is a senseless, brutal act of terror, and they should know. The ex-soldiers are John Boulton, Kieran Devlin and Ben Griffin. Boulton served in the Armoured Corps and was deployed on operations to Cyprus and Afghanistan. Devlin served in the Royal Engineers and was deployed on operations to the Gulf War and N Ireland. Griffin served in the Parachute Regiment and the SAS. He was deployed on operations to N Ireland, Macedonia, Afghanistan and Iraq.
The men threw their Oaths of Allegiance and their army berets to the ground in rejection of violence. “I used to wear this hat as a soldier, it used to have great significance to me. I no longer want to keep hold of this symbol of militarism,” said Griffin.
He was joined by Boulton, who spoke the words: “These are the medals given to me for the sick dichotomy of keeping the peace and waging war. They are trinkets, pseudo payments. But really all they represent is the self-interest of those in there, who hold power.”
Devlin, who joined up at just 16 years old, had this to say: “These are my medals, these were given to me were given to me as a reward for invading other peoples’ countries and murdering their civilians. I’m now handing them back.”
War has left Griffin with the same bad taste in his mouth. “I was given these medals for service on operations with the British Army,” he said. “This particular medal here was given to me for my part in the occupation of Iraq. Whilst I was over there, I attacked civilians in their homes and took away their men, off to be tortured in prison. I no longer want these despicable things.”
The three veterans then walked away from Downing Street leaving the oaths, berets and medals lying scattered on the floor. The actions of these brave men has been met with venom by many on social media. They have been insulted and called ‘scum’ for rejecting war and militarism. If you support them in their campaign for a peaceful world, please visit their website and share this video in solidarity.
Source: True Activist
- Heartbreaking: Here’s What A U.S Soldier Said When Asked To Justify The War On Terror
- 14 Soldiers Photographed Before, During And After They Went To War: The Result Is Shocking
- THE END OF ISIS? Russian Airforce Just Destroyed ISIS’ Main Financial Source: 500 Oil Trucks
- One Year After Murder Of Journalist Who Had Revealed ISIS-Turkey-US Link, MSM, WH Silent [Video]
- Must Watch: Putin Blows The Whistle On Who Really Created ISIS And How It Continues To Grow
- Russia Bombing Reportedly Takes Out 40% Of ISIS Infrastructure In One Week - Warships Attack ISIS Positions In Syria From Caspian Sea
- The Real Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan. It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives.
- The Human Losses Of The Second World War In An Animated Video
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- Germany owes more than €279bn WWII reparations to Greece - more than Greece's debt to EU
- Turkish couple drops wedding banquet to feed 4,000 Syrian refugees
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- The man who stopped World War III
Watch The Moment British Soldiers Throw War Medals To Floor With These Powerful Words Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 7:58 AM Rating: