The planet's 2nd smartest human reveals "50 mind drugs and supplements" he takes every day
Rick Rosner, the world's second-smartest man according to The World Genius Directory starts his day by taking 50 pills. He has an IQ of 192. The average is 100.
"In college, the only chemistry class I passed was Chem 099 for football players and idiots," he tells Business Insider UK. "Scepticism is advised. At the very least, Wikipedia this stuff."
Here is his list in his own words:
"Omega 3 fish oil capsules. This is supposed to be the good fat, more liquid at normal temperatures, to take the place of not-so-good, more solid fats.
Half an aspirin daily. Along with flossing your teeth, taking half an aspirin or a baby aspirin each day might be the cheapest, easiest way to extend your life. Aspirin knocks down inflammation and keeps your blood thin. You can get a year’s worth of aspirin for a buck at a discount store.
Metformin. A drug for Type 2 diabetics that decreases glucose production in the liver and helps your body use insulin more efficiently, reducing spikes in blood sugar (and possibly reducing the likelihood of cancer). Metformin is one of two drugs that may fool your body into reacting as if you're ingesting fewer calories, possibly flipping your metabolism into extended-life mode.
Metoprolol. A blood-pressure drug that I take that knocks down adrenalin and the fight-or-flight response. It lets me drive in LA without my blood pressure going up.
Glisodin. One of the many things I take which is supposed to clean up cellular gunk, stuff that builds up over a lifetime. This may help slow down graying of hair, might cause slight euphoria. Hard to tell.
Avodart (generic name dutasteride). It knocks out DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a form of testosterone that makes your prostate blow up and your hair fall out. Whenever you see a TV ad where old men are always rushing off to pee, you're seeing an ad for a DHT blocker. An added benefit of DHT blockers is they cause your body to pump out some extra testosterone to compensate, so it's a little like being on steroids. Don’t let women come in contact with this drug — it could lead to the birth of a hermaphrodite.
Rick RosnerRosner as a kid.
Glucosamine and chondroitin. For less-creaky joints. Our dog gets this, too.
Fancy multivitamins from Life Extension and Vitacost. The kind with about 45 obscure ingredients.
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl methionine). This is supposed to keep your liver all nice. Also, milk thistle, which is also supposed to help your liver.
Astragalus. May help fight the shortening of telomeres.
Fiber gummies. I like food and don't have perfect food habits, so I use fiber gummies and carb blockers to compensate for my lack of eating discipline. Fiber gummies are fiber in the form of gumdrops — candy that makes you poop. The faster food moves through you, the less you absorb. Carb blockers suppress a digestive enzyme so you only absorb 75% of the carbs you eat when you take them with a meal. You poop a little more, but it's worth it.
Fat blockers. These are pure punishment and should be avoided for all but the fattiest meals. It’s better just to eat less fat. For instance, peel most of the cheese off a piece of pizza — it will still taste just like pizza.
Prescription and non-prescription drugs to lower cholesterol.
Curcumin. Reduces inflammation and is a very pretty orange color.
ALA and acetyl L-carnitine
Vitamin E with selenium and also Gamma E
Rick RosnerRosner with his wife, Carole.
Mangosteen pomegranate noni complex
Horse chestnut (for varicose veins)
Quercetin & bromelain
Coffee. This is the only brain drug I know for sure works. It doesn’t make me smarter, but it keeps me alert. Started drinking it about two and a half years ago. Used to nod off every afternoon at work. No more, thanks to coffee.
Cognitex from Life Extension
Methylene blue. A dye that is in Phase III clinical trials to see whether it clears out junk amyloid protein in the brain. MB may act as a detergent, helping to break up amyloid, which can clog the brain, killing neurons. Might be good if you’ve taken some shots to the head. I worked in bars and got punched in the face a few times — but not anything like the shots taken by football players. (Plus, methylene blue makes your urine a rich emerald green.)"
Source: Minds via Business Insider
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- This Animation Will Explain To You Plato's Philosophy In Almost 3 Minutes
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- This Explains Why Einstein's Brain Was Special
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- Even the smartest people forget these 7 basic truths
- 10 Things You Can Do Every Day To Benefit Your Brain
- 15 Simple Ways To Supercharge Your Brain
- Left Brain Vs. Right Brain: The Eye Opening Insights
- Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits – 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways
- Neuroplasticity: Your Brain’s Amazing Ability to Form New Habits
- What If Everything You Were Ever Taught Was A Lie?
- 8 Great Philosophical Questions That We’ll Never Solve
- Here Are 35 Things You Probably Believe… But Are Total Lies. Everything You Thought Is Wrong
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
- You Are Free To Make Choices In Life But You Are Not Free From The Consequences Of Those Choices
The planet's 2nd smartest human reveals "50 mind drugs and supplements" he takes every day Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 10:26 AM Rating: