Akon Provides Electricity To 80 Million Africans
Here in the west, Akon is a celebrity mostly known by his musical hits like “Locked Up,” “Lonely,” “Belly Dancer,” and “Ghetto” to name just a few.
But his most amazing noteworthy achievement and legacy, which has not been mentioned much in the mainstream western media, is that through his entrepreneurial endeavors stemming from the success that he had through his music career, he has changed the fate and quality of life of millions of Africans through his Akon Lights Africa Project.
Akon sidestepped the political challenges and roadblocks stemming from the oil industry by partnering with a Chinese solar power manufacturer and founding a renewable solar powered energy company that is currently providing electricity to approximately 16 million Africans in 15 countries, and this number continues to rise everyday.
By late 2017, it is estimated that Akon Lights Africa will be providing electricity to 80 million Africans. There are currently 600 million Africans in remote areas who have no access to electricity.
Akon’s company is the fastest growing solar powered electricity provider in the world. His efforts and contribution to the African people are undeniably astonishing, staggering, and game-changing. His project is profoundly influencing the future of Africa and through this example, clearly setting the stage for the shifts to come to our energy infrastructures.
Sources: Collective Evolution, Akon Lighting Africa
- Rapper Akon Opens Academy to Provide Solar Power to 600 Million Africans
- This Area Would Be Enough to Power the Whole World with Solar Energy
- The Power Of Renewables: Chile's Solar Energy Is So Abundant, They're Giving It Away For Free
- Netherlands and India commit to 100% electric vehicles in groundbreaking announcements
- 100% Self-Reliant Town in the Netherlands Will Live Off-Grid, Producing All of Its Own Energy and Food
- The Netherlands Will Become the First Country to Pave Its Roads with Recycled Plastic
- Netherlands Is The 1st Country To Open A Solar Road For Public Use
- India Unveils The World’s First 100% Solar Powered Airport
- UK About To Test Roads That Charge Electric Cars As They Drive
- Germany’s first waste-free supermarket about to open its doors
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Solar Plane Completes Record 120-Hour Flight Across Pacific Ocean!
- Non-Profit Organization Brings Free Solar Energy To The People Of Gaza
- Newly Invented Off-Grid Solar Grill Can Store Energy & Cook At Night Without Electricity
- Tesla’s $3,500 Powerwall Will Let Households Run Entirely On Solar Energy!
- The World’s First Flying Car Is Finally Here
- Terrafugia the World's first Flying Car
- This $10,000 Car Runs On Air
- The New Hybrid Car That Runs on Air!
- A Hovercar That Works Using The Magnetics Of The Earth!
- This Car Runs For 100 Years Without Refuelling - The Thorium Car
- Tesla Hyperloop Train Can Travel At 4000 mph
Akon Provides Electricity To 80 Million Africans Reviewed by Κατερίνα Παπακυριακοπούλου on 11:09 AM Rating: