UK About To Test Roads That Charge Electric Cars As They Drive
Electric cars are an idea that could radically change the impact that we have on the environment when we travel, but there are currently a few limitations that are preventing these cars from reaching their full potential in the global market. The main issue that these cars have had is the fact that many of them don’t hold a charge long, and there are very few charging stations.
This forces electric car owners to carefully plan out their trips to avoid running out of energy and breaking down. The price of the cars have also been an issue for most people, but as with all technology, the price is steadily declining as the manufacturing process becomes more efficient.
The power issue may actually be solved very soon also if a new idea tested later this year in the UK ends up working. The new project actually involves electromagnetic roads, that charge the vehicle as it travels, cutting out the need for charging stations. The technology is in the middle of an 18-month test period, which will decide if the project is suitable for public roads.
Unfortunately, the drawback to this project is that it is controlled by the government, and funded by their stolen tax money, but an innovation of this nature could inspire more pure efforts to take place in other parts of the world.
“The potential to recharge low emission vehicles on the move offers exciting possibilities. The government is already committing £500 million over the next five years to keep Britain at the forefront of this technology, which will help boost jobs and growth in the sector. As this study shows, we continue to explore options on how to improve journeys and make low-emission vehicles accessible to families and businesses,” Transport Minister Andrew Jones said in a statement.
Highways England Chief Highways Engineer Mike Wilson added that, “Vehicle technologies are advancing at an ever increasing pace and we’re committed to supporting the growth of ultra-low emissions vehicles on our England’s motorways and major A roads. The off road trials of wireless power technology will help to create a more sustainable road network for England and open up new opportunities for businesses that transport goods across the country.”
John Vibes writes for True Activist and is an author, researcher and investigative journalist who takes a special interest in the counter culture and the drug war.
Source: True Activist
- Solar Plane Completes Record 120-Hour Flight Across Pacific Ocean!
- Rapper Akon Opens Academy to Provide Solar Power to 600 Million Africans
- Non-Profit Organization Brings Free Solar Energy To The People Of Gaza
- Newly Invented Off-Grid Solar Grill Can Store Energy & Cook At Night Without Electricity
- This Clear Solar Cell Could Turn Every Window Into A Power Source
- Stick This Portable Outlet To Your Window To Start Using Solar Power!
- How to Build a Solar Heating Panel with Soda Cans
- How To Build a 400 Square Foot Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2,000
- Tesla’s $3,500 Powerwall Will Let Households Run Entirely On Solar Energy!
- The World’s First Flying Car Is Finally Here
- Terrafugia the World's first Flying Car
- This $10,000 Car Runs On Air
- The New Hybrid Car That Runs on Air!
- A Hovercar That Works Using The Magnetics Of The Earth!
- This Car Runs For 100 Years Without Refuelling - The Thorium Car
- Tesla Hyperloop Train Can Travel At 4000 mph
UK About To Test Roads That Charge Electric Cars As They Drive Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 3:51 AM Rating: