Newly Invented Off-Grid Solar Grill Can Store Energy & Cook At Night Without Electricity
This new invention is capable of cooking the food you eat during the day, but it will also be able to harvest and store solar energy! This will enable users to cook food at night using the stored power.
How is this possible? The solar grill uses a fresnel lens to heat lithium nitrate. Lithium nitrate is the lithium salt of nitric acid. It is made by reacting lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide with nitric acid.
The grill will be able to store energy for up to 25 hours and release it as convective heat at temperatures up to 450 degrees fahrenheit! This technology is from MIT professor David Wilson and has amazing potential. You could technically use the stored heat in order to heat your home, water, and maybe even as a source of electricity! After all, heat is energy and energy can be converted to electricity.
Right now, this is a concept product, but it is based on real science and technology. Our sun is an incredible source of energy and the fresnel lenses are capable of storing that heat energy.
Sources: Why Don’t You Try This & Inhabitat
- Rapper Akon Opens Academy to Provide Solar Power to 600 Million Africans
- Non-Profit Organization Brings Free Solar Energy To The People Of Gaza
- This Clear Solar Cell Could Turn Every Window Into A Power Source
- Stick This Portable Outlet To Your Window To Start Using Solar Power!
- How to Build a Solar Heating Panel with Soda Cans
- How To Build a 400 Square Foot Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2,000
- Longest Floating Structure In History Sets Out To Clean The Ocean In 2016!
- 20 Year Old Claims He Can Rid the World’s Oceans Of Plastic
- 19 year old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7,250,000 Tons Of Plastic From Oceans
- Floating Seawer Skyscraper Rids The World’s Oceans Of Plastic While Generating Clean Energy
- Jacob Barnett, 14-Year-Old With Asperger's Syndrome, May Be Smarter Than Einstein
- Schools put genius child in special ed, tell mom he can't learn. Now he's free, and he could win a Nobel Prize
- 16 year-old Invents Sustainable Bioplastic from Banana Peels
- Student Creates Electromagnetic Harvester That Gathers Free Electricity From Thin Air
- This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand
- A blind man and his armless companion plant over 10,000 trees in China
- Seed Bombers Can Plant An Entire Forest of 900,000 Trees A Day!
Newly Invented Off-Grid Solar Grill Can Store Energy & Cook At Night Without Electricity Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:12 AM Rating: