9-year-old builds shelters for the homeless; she also grows them food
At 9 years old, Hailey Fort has broken through any ceiling society may have built for her. She spends her time building mobile shelters for people that don't have anywhere to sleep.
It began when she was 5. She asked her mother about helping a homeless man in Bremerton, Washington, where they live. Her mother said yes and now they work together to provide shelters to those in need.
"You don’t get rained on and you feel safe and stay dry,” said Hailey. “It just doesn’t seem right that there are homeless people,” she told the local news. “I think everyone should have a place to live.”
In addition to secure, 8x4ft rooms, she grows and delivers them food.
Fort's goal this year is to grow 250 lbs of food, build 12 shelters and deliver thousands of toiletries and hygenic items. You can help her by purchasing something from her Amazon ‘wedding registry’ or by contributing to her GoFundMe campaign.
Watch this video of Haley and her exploits
- 9-Year-Old Activist Packs 100 Bags With Food For The Homeless Every Week!
- Meet The Artist Who Paints And Sells Portraits Of Homeless People, Giving Them The Profits
- Los Angeles is Turning Old Motels Into 500 Apartments for Homeless Vets
- Canadian Children Wrap Street Poles With Coats So That Homeless People Can Stay Warm
- Woman Purchases Entire Toy Store To Donate To Kids in Homeless Shelters
- This Billionaire is Giving Away 99% Of His Wealth, Funding Hi-Tech Sustainable Inventions for the Financially Weak
- Manchester United Football Stars Buy Hotel, Welcome Homeless To Stay For Winter
- This homeless boy sits next to a rich boy on a bench. Seconds later his nightmare comes true.e
- Homeless Man Steps Up To Piano And Stuns Crowd With Beautiful Performance
- Homeless People Were Asked To Write Down A Fact About Themselves. Their Answers May Surprise You
- Baltimore Restaurant Shuts Down For 5 Days To Feed The Homeless Free Food
- Teen Named Valedictorian – Shocks His Classmates When He Reveals He’s Homeless
- This Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. Guess What… It Worked
9-year-old builds shelters for the homeless; she also grows them food Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 6:30 PM Rating: