Thanks to the kindness of two pro football players, at least 30 homeless individuals will have a warm place to stay this winter.
Here’s positive news you don’t hear every day!
Manchester United football stars, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs, have purchased a building in the UK they intend to renovate, and have agreed to allow a group of homeless individuals take up temporary residence in the enclosure to stay warm during the winter.
As BBC reports, the good samaritans recently purchased the £1.5 million Stock Exchange building and plan to transform it into a boutique hotel come spring. During the winter, however, a homeless advocacy group called the Manchester Angels will use the building to shelter 30 young men. The organization also intends to bring in social services that can benefit the homeless folk, such as recovery programs and health care.
Wes Hall, one of the homeless activists who spoke to Channel 4 News, said he burst into tears as soon as he received the call from Neville, the Manchester United coach.
“To us, this is a lifeline; this is saving lives throughout the winter period,” he said.
Because construction isn’t set to begin until February, the Manchester Angels will utilize the space to create a temporary safe haven for homeless individuals to escape the frigid weather. The group will maintain it, too. The activists will be documenting their care of the building, with the intention to leave it in better condition than when they arrived.
The Manchester Angels are calling the building the “Sock Exchange”, for their goal of collecting clothing for the homeless. Watch the video above to learn more, and comment your thoughts below!
Source: True Activist
- This homeless boy sits next to a rich boy on a bench. Seconds later his nightmare comes true
- Homeless Man Steps Up To Piano And Stuns Crowd With Beautiful Performance
- Homeless People Were Asked To Write Down A Fact About Themselves. Their Answers May Surprise You
- Baltimore Restaurant Shuts Down For 5 Days To Feed The Homeless Free Food
- Teen Named Valedictorian – Shocks His Classmates When He Reveals He’s Homeless
- This Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. Guess What… It Worked