9-Year-Old Activist Packs 100 Bags With Food For The Homeless Every Week!
“Dusty’s Sacks of Hope” Facebook
Around 100 homeless individuals in the Portland, Oregon area are fed each week thanks to this kind-hearted young man.
When Dusty Liulay, an inspired activist with a heart to help the homeless, volunteered to work at a soup kitchen, he was told he was too young to participate.
You can imagine his disappointment, as he and his family have been volunteering at soup kitchens since he was five years old. No matter, the inspiring youngster turned this roadblock into an exciting venture and started “Dusty’s Sacks of Hope” to help the homeless in his own way.
With the assistance of a few volunteers, Dusty delivers nearly 150 brown bag lunches to homeless individuals in Portland, Oregon every week.
His cousin, Caelie Agosta, helps with the fundraising to pay for the Sacks of Hope. In addition, their GoFundMe page (which has already raised more than $2,600 in one month!) allows individual from around the world to get involved.
According to Dusty and his family, every $100 collected can make about 120 lunches – and no donation amount is too small! $2 will buy a loaf of bread for someone cold and hungry on the street.
“Dusty’s Sacks of Hope”
Like Hailey Fort, the 9-year-old activist intent on building tiny homes for the homeless, this young individual is an inspiring example of all that can be accomplished when you set your mind to a task.
Comment your thoughts below, and share this positive news!
Source: True Activist
- Manchester United Football Stars Buy Hotel, Welcome Homeless To Stay For Winter
- This homeless boy sits next to a rich boy on a bench. Seconds later his nightmare comes true.e
- Homeless Man Steps Up To Piano And Stuns Crowd With Beautiful Performance
- Homeless People Were Asked To Write Down A Fact About Themselves. Their Answers May Surprise You
- Baltimore Restaurant Shuts Down For 5 Days To Feed The Homeless Free Food
- Teen Named Valedictorian – Shocks His Classmates When He Reveals He’s Homeless
- This Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. Guess What… It Worked
9-Year-Old Activist Packs 100 Bags With Food For The Homeless Every Week! Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 2:06 AM Rating: