Thanks to the kindness of one woman, thousands of kids at homeless shelters in NYC will experience more cheer this Christmas.
Every year, Carol Suchman makes an effort to purchase toys and donate them to homeless children during the holiday season. This year, however, she’s outdone herself by purchasing an entire toy store and donating its contents to thousands of homeless children in New York.
As NY1 News reports, Suchman was walking past the Hudson Party Store in her West Village neighborhood when she noticed a ‘Going Out of Business’ sign in its window. Intrigued by the idea of making Christmas a bit grander for thousands of kids this year, she contacted the store owner.
After negotiating a reasonable price, she purchased the toy store and turned its contents over to the city’s Department of Homeless Services (DHS).
Thousands of toys, stuffed animals, art and school supplies will be gifted to kids in homeless shelters this winter, all thanks to the generosity of a kind-hearted woman.
Said Antonio Rodriquez, the director of special events at DHS:
“I’ve been doing this for many years and we have many generous sponsors. But I have to say, that this is the first time anybody ever bought out an entire store and donated it.”If anyone is at the top of Santa’s ‘Nice’ list, it’s Carol Suchman. Watch the video by NYW News here.
Comment your thoughts below and share this news!
Source: True Activist
- This Billionaire is Giving Away 99% Of His Wealth, Funding Hi-Tech Sustainable Inventions for the Financially Weak
- 9-Year-Old Activist Packs 100 Bags With Food For The Homeless Every Week!
- Manchester United Football Stars Buy Hotel, Welcome Homeless To Stay For Winter
- This homeless boy sits next to a rich boy on a bench. Seconds later his nightmare comes true.e
- Homeless Man Steps Up To Piano And Stuns Crowd With Beautiful Performance
- Homeless People Were Asked To Write Down A Fact About Themselves. Their Answers May Surprise You
- Baltimore Restaurant Shuts Down For 5 Days To Feed The Homeless Free Food
- Teen Named Valedictorian – Shocks His Classmates When He Reveals He’s Homeless
- This Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. Guess What… It Worked