“People think dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made of matter, of particles. But Dreams are real. They are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”- Neil Gaiman. Accomplishment of dreams isn’t possible for everyone. Because not everyone has the determination and belief to make dreams come true. And those who have a firm belief will ace it defying all the odds. The story of Griffin furlong is an example. This homeless teen graduated with a 4.65 GPA from the First Coast High School despite his homelessness, his mother’s death and numerous hardships. His story is very inspiring with the message of never giving up. He says: “Never let anyone tell you, you can’t do something because I have been told that all my life. People would tell me I wasn’t smart enough and now I am here at the top of my class.”
Furlong, 18 endured his way to becoming class valedictorian against all the odds. When he was 6, his mother died from leukemia. His journey of living in shelter homes started when he was 7. He also endured periods of starvation when survival became very tough. But even though, he never quitted rather he was determined to achieve success and a better life for his family. Doing well in studies, acing scholarships and making his way to free education was his scheme that he fully lived up to. Things turn up in his favor because fortune always favors the bold.
Very few people knew about his hardships but achieving the honor of a valedictorian has given him an amazing exposure. The world knows him now, his inspirational story. He is all set to attend Florida State just like his brother where he plans to major in engineering. He has recently received a scholarship to pay for his home allowance. The bottom line is when you believe you can do it, you will do it. And remember:
“When you want something, the entire universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”- Paulo Coelho.
Source: Sharepowered via I Heart Intelligence
- Homeless People Were Asked To Write Down A Fact About Themselves. Their Answers May Surprise You
- This Guy Hung An Offensive Sign Around His Neck To Make A Solid Point. Guess What… It Worked
- The Appearances Experiment
- The Experiment
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- 2 Monkeys Were Paid Unequally. Watch What Happened Next
- This man tried to test the chimps' intelligence, however the chimps tested the man’s humanity!
- Man Got Mugged At A Train Station. What He Did Next Was Genius
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.