This Clear Solar Cell Could Turn Every Window Into A Power Source
Researchers from Michigan State University have developed a transparent solar cell capable of being used as a replacement for windows! This concept was once deemed impossible, due to the fact traditional solar panels absorb light and convert it into energy. Transparent surfaces are not capable of absorbing light.
Researchers accomplished this feat by developing a system called transparent luminescent solar concentrator (TLSC), which is composed of organic salts which absorb non-visible wavelengths of infrared and ultraviolet light. This light is then focused towards a traditional solar cell which is capable of trapping the energy and turning it into electricity. This material has unbelievable potential. Not only can it be utilized for windows, but it could revolutionize displays on electronic devices, giving them a significantly longer battery life.
Source: Higher Perspectives via True Activist
- Stick This Portable Outlet To Your Window To Start Using Solar Power!
- How to Build a Solar Heating Panel with Soda Cans
- How To Build a 400 Square Foot Solar Powered Off Grid Cabin for $2,000
- Non-Profit Organization Brings Free Solar Energy To The People Of Gaza
- Man Builds Fairy Tale Home for His Family – Total Cost £3,000
- Sick Of Paying Rent? Just Build Your Own Tiny Palace, Like These Guys Did
- 3D Printing: 2,500 Ft² House PRINTED in 20 Hours
- 20 Year Old Claims He Can Rid the World’s Oceans Of Plastic
This Clear Solar Cell Could Turn Every Window Into A Power Source Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 8:56 PM Rating: