Honest Comics About How Differently Society Treats Dads Vs. Moms
Although parenthood can obviously be an exciting time, for both new and experienced parents, it can also be extremely challenging. Ask any mom or dad and they’ll enthusiastically agree.
Being a responsible parent requires lots of hard work, patience, and many sacrifices. Both fathers and mothers do their best to raise their child in a positive way. Each fulfilling their unique but equally important roles in their child’s upbringing.
What is unfortunate, however, is how dads and moms are treated differently, even when doing the exact same thing. There are a lot of unfair remarks and responses women receive, simply because they are moms, not dads.
Chaunie Brusie is a freelance writer and mother to 4 children. She has recently created a comic for the blog Babble, which focuses on parenting. In it, she showcases the different ways dads and moms are seen, and treated, in public.
The comic is a personal one, and Brusie draws inspiration from her own life experiences. She portrays scenes at the park, in the doctor’s office and at the grocery store.
Brusie explains, “[While there] are a lot of things I praise my husband for…[it] never ceases to amaze me how differently my husband and I are treated while out and about with the fruit of our loins. Whereas I am openly judged, questioned, or ignored, my husband has a virtual red carpet rolled out for him on the (admittedly) rare occasions he dares venture out in public with our kids.”
Take a moment and look at the comics below. I have spoken to a few of my female friends who are moms, and 70% find this to be something they can truly relate to. For the other parents, both moms and dads who have children of their own, do you find this to be an accurate depiction of reality?
All images via Chaunie Brusie @ Babble.com
Sources: EliteReaders.com | Babble.com via Mystical Raven
- 21 Funny Dads Who Are Definitely Nailing This Whole Parenting Thing. #8 Is Just Brilliant!
- Sweet Pictures Illustrating Dads With Their Little Daughters
- Husband’s Illustrations For Wife Capture Love At Its Simplest
- Funny & Heartwarming Illustrations About Love By A Husband
- 19 Pregnancy Troubles Illustrated In The Most Hilarious Way
- Artist’s Illustrations Depict The Ridiculous Expectations Women Deal With Every Day
- Funny Comic Illustrates The Nightly Routine Of Every Married Couple
- Amazing Video Describes The Meaning Of Love In Life
- True Love VS. Toxic Love: 14 Core Differences
- Why Modern Relationships Are Falling Apart So Easily Today
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- 60 + 1 Heart-Warming Historical Pictures That Illustrate Love During War
Honest Comics About How Differently Society Treats Dads Vs. Moms Reviewed by Κατερίνα Παπακυριακοπούλου on 4:03 AM Rating: