These illustrations show just how confusing it is to be a woman in 2016.
While both men and women are preyed upon by the advertising industry, it’s women especially who are subjected to ridiculous double standards on the daily. For example, if a man in a high-level position asserts his power, he’s regarded as a ‘leader’ by his colleagues. Meanwhile, a woman who does the same is deemed to be bossy.
Furthermore, a woman is often judged to be prude if she dresses conservatively, and a slut if her clothing is revealing – even slightly. It’s a no-win situation for females, which is why artist and fashion designer Daisy Bernard created the following illustrations.
Each illustration represents a different situation, yet the message largely remains the same: that women are judged regardless of the expectations they try to live up to.
Bernard wrote in article for The Tab:
“Women are being told to take off their burkinis and undress on the beach. But at the same time, we should keep ourselves covered up, and shouldn’t show too much skin. These ridiculous expectations are created usually by men, and in many cases, by other women too.”
Until every individual – male, female, and those who identify as ‘in between’ – feels comfortable enough to express themselves how they see fit, artists and activists will continue to create and share series such as the one below to raise awareness about the importance of equality.
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and share this news!
Source: True Activist
- 19 Pregnancy Troubles Illustrated In The Most Hilarious Way
- Funny & Heartwarming Illustrations About Love By A Husband
- Funny Comic Illustrates The Nightly Routine Of Every Married Couple
- Amazing Video Describes The Meaning Of Love In Life
- True Love VS. Toxic Love: 14 Core Differences
- Why Modern Relationships Are Falling Apart So Easily Today
- What Happens When People Realize How Their Loved Ones Rate Them
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- 60 + 1 Heart-Warming Historical Pictures That Illustrate Love During War