He Spent 44 Years In A Cell... Now He's Shocked By Modern Technology
Otis Johnson was 25 when he went to prison, in the 1970s, for committing the murder of a police officer. Last summer, after 44 years of imprisonment, he was finally set free.
He's now 69 years old and he feels strangely in the modern society. You can hear his words in the following video. He actually shows great wisdom through his reaction towards the new world's passion with technology: "I see that the majority of people were talking to themselves. Then I looked closely and they seemed to have things in their ears. I don’t know the things, the phone things… iPhones they call them, or something like that. And I thought in my mind, what, everybody became CIA or agents or some stuff like that? Because that’s the only thing I could think of, someone walking around with wires in their ears… that’s what they had when I was out during the 60s and 70s."
It seems like a voice from the past; from a human being who hasn't experienced the power of technology, so he hasn't forgotten the power of humanity. Maybe we should consider his words.
You can also read Al Jazeera’s in-depth interview here.
- Unbelievable Pictures Illustrate How Cell Phones Suck Our Souls Everyday
- Photographer Reveals Our Addiction To Smartphones In The Most Amazing Way
- These 30+ Cartoons Illustrate How Smartphones Are The Death Of Conversation
- 10 Things You Could Do With the Time You Spend on Facebook Every Day
- This Short Video Perfectly Shows Everything Wrong With Our Generation On Social Media
- After I saw this, I put down my phone and didn't pick it up for the rest of the day...
- If This Video Doesn’t Make You Put Down Your Phone, Nothing Will!
- Why Steve Jobs Didn’t Let His Kids Use iPads (And Why You Shouldn’t Either)
- 11 Reasons Why Children under the Age of 12 Should Not Use Handheld Devices
- 10 Staggering Facts About Facebook
- Privacy is Dead. Google and Facebook know everything about YOU!
He Spent 44 Years In A Cell... Now He's Shocked By Modern Technology Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 9:22 AM Rating: