“Hold that thought,” your best friend states as he pushes his nose closer to the IPhone in his hand. Even ten years ago such behavior would have been considered rude, but today it’s an everyday occurrence.
But while technology may technically be ‘connecting’ people all over the globe, to what extent is it also separating individuals from having true, present communication with each other? This conundrum is a focus many cartoon artists have sought to bring attention to through illustration.
Whether at a coffee shop where patrons are more interested in their laptops than conversation, or at a family get-together where everyone has to check their cell-phones every 15 minutes, there is no doubt it is becoming an exception – not the norm – to be able to hold conversation for an extended period of time.
Of course technology has improved all of our lives for the better, but the questions that now beg to be asked are “how much is too much?”, and “what are we going to do about it?”…
Toothpaste for Dinner
What are your thoughts on these comics? Share in the comments section below!
Source: BoredPanda via TrueActivist
- 10 Things You Could Do With the Time You Spend on Facebook Every Day
- If This Video Doesn’t Make You Put Down Your Phone, Nothing Will!
- Why Steve Jobs Didn’t Let His Kids Use iPads (And Why You Shouldn’t Either)
- This Comic Will Forever Change the Way You Look at Privilege
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- Disturbing (But Amazing) Pictures Expose The Absurdities Of Modern Culture *Warning: Graphic Images*
- What if Animals Treated Us How We Treat Them?
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- John Lennon's "Imagine", made into a beautiful comic.
- You Are Free To Make Choices In Life But You Are Not Free From The Consequences Of Those Choices
- The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword: 28 Cartoonists Pay Tribute To The Victims Of The Charlie Hebdo Shooting
- Arab Newspapers React To ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Attacks With Cartoons Of Their Own
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Famous Western Fairytales Get An Eastern Makeover By Korean Artist
- How Women in Iconic Paintings Would Look if They Got Photoshopped to Fit Today's Ideals
- 30 Of The Best 3D Pencil Drawings