Time lapse map of every nuclear explosion ever on Earth
Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto has created a beautiful, undeniably scary time-lapse map of the 2053 nuclear explosions which have taken place between 1945 and 1998, beginning with the Manhattan Project’s “Trinity” test near Los Alamos and concluding with Pakistan’s nuclear tests in May of 1998. This leaves out North Korea’s two alleged nuclear tests in this past decade (the legitimacy of both of which is not 100% clear).
Each nation gets a blip and a flashing dot on the map whenever they detonate a nuclear weapon, with a running tally kept on the top and bottom bars of the screen. Hashimoto, who began the project in 2003, says that he created it with the goal of showing”the fear and folly of nuclear weapons.” It starts really slow — if you want to see real action, skip ahead to 1962 or so — but the buildup becomes overwhelming.
- Hiroshima Then And Now: You Won't Believe What It Looks Like Today!
- The Real Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan. It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives.
- The Human Losses Of The Second World War In An Animated Video
- This Is What Would Happen If Countries Had Facebook During World War II
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- Germany owes more than €279bn WWII reparations to Greece - more than Greece's debt to EU
- One Syrian boy's plea - Just Stop the War in Syria!
- Captured, sold, raped: ISIS turns thousands of Christian women and children into sex slaves - Demolishing Syria’s ancient Palmyra temple
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- The man who stopped World War III
Time lapse map of every nuclear explosion ever on Earth Reviewed by Truth Seeker on 2:12 PM Rating: