Hiroshima Then And Now: You Won't Believe What It Looks Like Today!
Hiroshima is best known as the first city in history to be targeted by a nuclear weapon when the United States Army Air Forces dropped an atomic bomb on the city on August 6, 1945.
The city was completely destroyed. However, it has been rebuilt since then.
You'll be shocked by comparing the historic photos with the new ones; Hiroshima is a completely new, different city now.
Genbaku Dome (The Hiroshima Peace Memorial) was the only structure left standing in the area where the atomic bomb exploded. Through the efforts of many people, including those of the city of Hiroshima, it has been preserved in the same state as immediately after the bombing.
70 years after its disaster, Hiroshima looks completely different.
Photographer, Issei Kato, compares Reuters' historic pictures to his own photographs of the new Hiroshima.
The Hiroshima Peace Memorial
Urakami Cathedral in Nagasaki
Aioi Bridge in Hiroshima
Yorozuyo Bridge in Hiroshima
Shiroyama National School In Nagasaki
Medical School In Nagasaki
The Hiroshima Peace Memorial
- The Real Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan. It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives.
- The Human Losses Of The Second World War In An Animated Video
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- Germany owes more than €279bn WWII reparations to Greece - more than Greece's debt to EU
- One Syrian boy's plea - Just Stop the War in Syria!
- Captured, sold, raped: ISIS turns thousands of Christian women and children into sex slaves - Demolishing Syria’s ancient Palmyra temple
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- The man who stopped World War III
Hiroshima Then And Now: You Won't Believe What It Looks Like Today! Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 10:41 AM Rating: