Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Eat Ginger Every Day
t’s no coincidence that ginger has been used as a natural medicine for several hundred years. Now science is again and again revealing that the root plant has some seriously awesome effects on health. The edible part, the root itself, is recognizable at grocery shops everywhere.
Personally, I eat ginger pretty rarely- not because I dislike it, but because I simply forget to pick some up when I’m at the grocery store. But after seeing this list, forgetting will be much more difficult!
Everyone should be aware of this super food’s incredible properties.
1. Ginger is good for the heart
The consumption of ginger can lower cholesterol, this study conclusively revealed. In the 45-day study, 85 people with high cholesterol were given 3 grams of ginger powder a day. By the end of the study, their cholesterol levels were significantly reduced. Low cholesterol levels lead, among other things, to a reduced risk of heart disease, hypertension and stroke.
2. Ginger fights the common cold
You may have already heard that ginger is great to provide relief for colds and even reverse colds before they settle in. There is certainly truth in this: Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants. Gingerol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger, can help reduce the risk of infections, according to studies.
3. Ginger relieves nausea
Nausea is never fun, and ginger can be very helpful if you feel unwell. Studies have shown that among other things, ginger relieves nausea during pregnancy and after surgery.
4. Good for the stomach
Ginger is a classic folk remedy for gastroenteritis and other stomach discomforts. The power food reduces flatulence, improves digestion and can help with diarrhea.
5. Ginger helps relieve migraines
Eating ginger every day is said to counteract inflammatory substances in the brain’s blood vessels. Ginger also helps the nausea that can be experienced during a migraine attack. This study shows ginger to be at least as effective as sumatriptan, a drug commonly used in migraine treatment. 100 people with acute migraines were tested, and the researchers found that ginger and sumatriptan were comparably effective- with the side effects of ginger milder than those from the sumatriptan.
6. Helps you lose weight
Ginger increases and improves digestion. Ginger can not single-handedly shed pounds for you, but is a great complement if you want to keep in shape. A study from Columbia University reveals that it’s easier to resist hunger if you eat or drink ginger in the morning. According to the study, you burn about 43 calories eating ginger.
7. Ginger helps muscle soreness
Ginger has been shown to be effective in treating muscle pain. In a study from the University of Georgia, a daily intake of ginger relieved muscle pain by 25 percent.
8. Increases blood circulation
Ginger is perfect to eat or boil into a herbal drink if you’re feeling cold. The magical root plant is said to increase blood circulation which makes you feel warmer.
9. Ginger helps against menstrual cramps
Ginger has long traditionally been used to reduce menstrual cramp pain. In this study, 150 women consumed one gram of ginger powder every day on the first three days of their period. The ginger was found to have the same effect as the conventional drug ibuprofen.
10. Ginger can protect against cancer
More research is needed in this area, but some studies have shown that ginger may have a positive effect to counteract breast, pancreas and ovarian cancer. Ginger was shown to also contain a substance that proved effective in killing cancer stem cells that make malignant tumors dangerous, according to this study in PLoS.
I’d say these are more than enough reasons to grab myself some ginger and cook something delicious up with it tonight. Then I plan to try to consume it at least every other day, in one way or another. Please share this list if you think others should also know just how amazing ginger is.
Source: Newsner via Idealist4ever
- How to Grow An Endless Supply Of Ginger Indoors
- 107 Everyday Uses for Coconut Oil
- Scientific Study Finds Eating Coconut Oil Daily Leads to Reduction in Waist Size
- The Cure to Fibromyalgia Your Doctor Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Mix Two Ingredients Before Bed And Never Wake Up Tired Again...
- Top 12 Super Foods that Improve Your Digestion
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On an Empty Stomach
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- This Is Why You Should Never Throw Away The Used Tea Bags Again
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 21 Health Tricks To Teach Your Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- After Reading This, You’ll Never Look at a Banana in the Same Way Again
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Eat Ginger Every Day Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 7:54 AM Rating: