One of the most important functions that our body performs every day is digestion. The process in which our body breaks down the foods we eat, turning them into essential vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins and calories, is essential to our overall health. With the availability of processed foods and preservatives so high, it is important to keep our digestive systems clean and healthy. Use this list of super foods to aid in digestion to keep your digestive system functioning at it finest.
Peppermint is a popular aromatic plant that works wonderfully in giving support to the digestive procedures. It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic in nature, and the cooling properties of peppermint can easily calm a distress digestive system. Peppermint can be taken in the form of oil (just two drops of oil), which can be added to a glass of water and can be imbibed twice in a day for quick healing.
2. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes rapidly work towards curing indigestion. They should be always eaten with their skin. Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre, vitamins B6 and C, manganese, and complex carbohydrates. They are efficient in treating serious bowel disorders. Sweet potatoes are primarily starch and hence; they are easy to digest.
Yogurt is generously loaded with high amount of friendly lactobacillus bacteria, hence; it is also known as probiotic food. It is one among the best foods that can cure digestion well.
Oats are highly fibrous in nature that cleanses the intestines. It circumvents the constipation and maintains bowel regularity. Oats are similarly great in curing heartburn and GERD (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease).
Ginger is laden with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It can bring diverse gastrointestinal (GI) discomforts under control. Ginger tea is the best way of enjoying the health benefits of ginger. This effective tea stimulates saliva, gastric juices, and bile that abet digestion. Even a small piece of ginger with honey can do wonders.
Those, who experience heavy bowel movement troubles, an apple can heal them significantly. An apple should be consumed with its skin as it contains a good sum of cellulose, which is an insoluble fibre. Being rich in fibre, apples add bulk to the stool, thereby relieving constipation. In addition to this, consuming an apple also makes you feel satiable.
7. Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is one of the most excellent elements for recuperating overall health by increasing immunity. Being high in omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins A and D, it is beneficial in the treatment of inflammation. Less than a teaspoon of cod liver oil can effectively cure inflammatory bowel disease.
This scrumptious fruit keeps the digestive tract healthy and ensures its proper functioning. The fibrous contents, monosaturated fat, water and a number of other nutrients make this fruit worthy of being considered as a super food. This fruit is also good for those, who want to lose weight.
Consuming bananas are one of the most pragmatic approaches in curing the bowel movements. It is the universal remedy for those, who are suffering with diarrhoea. In case of diarrhoea, body looses essential elements, like electrolyte and potassium; banana helps in reinstating these elements. Bananas are rich in protein and fibres too that repairs and takes care of the GI tract and stimulates better digestion by absorbing contaminants.
10. Dark Sweet Cherries
The antioxidants that these dark sweet cherries contain sustain the digestive system and induce its efficient functioning. They are rich in fibres too, which mitigate the troubles caused by constipation.
11. Date Palm
Dates are full of laxative and digestive properties. Eat overnight soaked dates in the morning with milk or simply plain to enjoy their benefits. They are abundant in amounts of minerals and vitamins, as well. These properties of date palms increase the quantity of friendly bacteria in the body.
Enriched with betaine, beetroots are an extremely indispensable foodstuff that should be welcomed in your diet to sustain the digestive health largely. The healthy nutrients that beetroot contains are effective in healing digestive troubles, such as bloating, abdominal cramps, spasms, and constipation.
Source: Homeremedy, Healthdigezt via Organic Health
- A Recipe For Fat Flush Water (It Literally Flushes Fat)
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- This Is What Happens When You Drink Water Right After You Get Out Of Bed
- See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On an Empty Stomach
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- This Is Why You Should Never Throw Away The Used Tea Bags Again
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 21 Health Tricks To Teach Your Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- After Reading This, You’ll Never Look at a Banana in the Same Way Again
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
- The Man Who Defied Odds, Turned Down Chemotherapy and Drugs and Outlived All His Doctors
- 15 Plants & Herbs That Can Boost Lung Health, Heal Respiratory Infections & Repair Pulmonary Damage
- How to Heal Cavities Naturally
- Simple Natural Whitening Toothpaste Recipe
- What Does Your Tongue Say About Your State Of Health?
- Did You Know What Your Fingernails Can Say About Your Health?
- How To Fix Common Body Problems By Sleeping In The Right Position
- Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Needed
- 6 Bad Postures That Are Ruining Your Health & How To Correct Them
- Food Matters. You are What you Eat!