95-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Funds Rescue Of 2,000 ISIS Victims
In 1938, George escaped persecution thanks to the kindness of Christians. Now he's 'repaying a debt' by helping up to 2,000 Middle-Eastern Christians escape ISIS.
In 1938, George Weidenfeld escaped death when Quakers and the Plymouth Brethren fed and clothed him, then helped him reach Britain. Now, the 95-year-old holocaust survivor and publisher is paying it forward by funding the rescue of up to 2,000 Middle-Eastern Christians.
The member of Britain’s House of Lords is spearheading Weidenfeld Safe Havens Fund, which last week supported the flight of 150 Syrian Christians to Poland on a privately chartered plane to allow them to seek refuge, reports The Independent. They are the first beneficiaries of the resettlement project.
The philanthropist knows what it’s like to have nothing but a fresh start. When he arrived in Britain -just before the start of World War II, he had but a few shillings to his name. Within a decade, however, he had established the Weidenfeld and Nicholson publishing business. In 1976, he was made a life peer of Britain’s upper house.
Weidenfeld told The Times of London:
“I had a debt to repay. It applies to so many young people who were on the Kinderstransport.”The kinderstransport, of course, is the German name for the organized shipment of Jewish children, often by their own parents with help from religious and secular non-Jewish helpers, to help them flee the Holocaust.
“It was very high-minded operation and we Jews should also be thankful and do something for the endangered Christians.”In addition to funding up to 2,000 rescues, the fund aims to offer 12 – 18 months of paid support to all the refugees.
This man’s generosity deserves to be shared, don’t you think?
Please pass along this good news and comment your thoughts below!
Source: True Activist
- He Saved 669 Children During The Holocaust… And He Doesn’t Know They’re Sitting Next To Him
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Russian military reveals details of ISIS-Turkey oil smuggling - ISIS oil business involves Erdogan & his family
- Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey's President
- ‘They know how it’s done’: Turkey violated Greek airspace 2,244 times in 2014 alone
- ISIS survives largely because Turkey allows it to: the evidence
- One Year After Murder Of Journalist Who Had Revealed ISIS-Turkey-US Link, MSM, WH Silent [Video]
- THE END OF ISIS? Russian Airforce Just Destroyed ISIS’ Main Financial Source: 500 Oil Trucks
- Must Watch: Putin Blows The Whistle On Who Really Created ISIS And How It Continues To Grow
- Russia Bombing Reportedly Takes Out 40% Of ISIS Infrastructure In One Week - Warships Attack ISIS Positions In Syria From Caspian Sea
- The History Behind ISIS. Their Latest Shocking Terrorist Attacks Around The World.
- Paris: She Was Faking The Dead For More Than An Hour Lying Down Surrounded By Other People's Blood
- The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword: 28 Cartoonists Pay Tribute To The Victims Of The Charlie Hebdo Shooting
- Arab Newspapers React To ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Attacks With Cartoons Of Their Own
- Khaled al-Asaad, The Martyr Of Palmyra - Khaled al-Asaad Stood for the Future of Syria and the World Heritage
- One Syrian boy's plea - Just Stop the War in Syria!
- Captured, sold, raped: ISIS turns thousands of Christian women and children into sex slaves - Demolishing Syria’s ancient Palmyra temple
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- Artists Around The World Respond To Tragic Death Of 3-Year-Old Syrian Refugee
- Greek Vacationers Rescue Syrian Refugee Stranded at Sea for 13 Hours Wearing Only a Life Vest
- Turkish couple drops wedding banquet to feed 4,000 Syrian refugees
95-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Funds Rescue Of 2,000 ISIS Victims Reviewed by Truth Seeker on 7:01 AM Rating: