"We Are The Not Dead" is a really clever project by photographer, journalist and filmmaker Lalage Snow, based on how was can change people. Snow decided to make a series of photos portraying some British soldiers' faces over a period of seven months, before, during and after their operational deployment to Afghanistan. His purpose was to show how these people's faces started changing and how their expressions became completely different. This, of course, is a physical change which is directly connected to the emotional change these men went through.
Fighting in a war is tough. Soldiers learn how to be brave but how to be cruel as well. Snow’s intention with the portraits was not only to honour the soldiers' courage, but to also sensitize the public opinion over the psychological and emotional transformation that every soldier goes through.
If you liked this article, check out some movies with a powerful antiwar message.
- Must Watch: Putin Blows The Whistle On Who Really Created ISIS And How It Continues To Grow
- Russia Bombing Reportedly Takes Out 40% Of ISIS Infrastructure In One Week - Warships Attack ISIS Positions In Syria From Caspian Sea
- The Real Reason America Used Nuclear Weapons Against Japan. It Was Not To End the War Or Save Lives.
- The Human Losses Of The Second World War In An Animated Video
- Stunning Time Lapse Map Video Shows 1000 Years Of Europe's History In 3 Minutes
- The Recognition Of The Genocides As The Beginning Of Justice Against The Crimes Against Humanity
- Germany owes more than €279bn WWII reparations to Greece - more than Greece's debt to EU
- One Syrian boy's plea - Just Stop the War in Syria!
- Captured, sold, raped: ISIS turns thousands of Christian women and children into sex slaves - Demolishing Syria’s ancient Palmyra temple
- Christians, Turkmen, Shiites and Yazidis Are Facing Real Genocide By ISIS
- Her War: Women vs. ISIS (RT Documentary)
- ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum
- Syrian Girl "Surrenders" In Front Of The Camera Mistaking It For A Gun!
- Most Shocking Second a Day Video - Save Syria's Children
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words: The First Genocide Of The 20th Century
- Which dictator killed the most People?
- When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’
- Watch What The Spanish People Did For Greece!
- Banksy Just Released This 2-Minute Film About Gaza, The Dream Holiday Destination For 2015
- Over 50 Israeli Soldiers Refuse to Fight and Call on Other Conscripts to Resist Military Orders
- 9 Graphics to Help You Understand What Life Is Really Like in Gaza
- This Brilliant Animation Provides A Brief History Of The Bloody Israel/Palestine Conflict
- These 20 Photographs Will Leave You Speechless. Especially The 11th One. There Are No Words.
- These 29 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World
- 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever
- 35 Moments Of Violence That Brought Out Incredible Human Compassion
- The 63 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken That Perfectly Capture The Human Experience
- 64 Historical Pictures you most likely haven’t seen before. # 8 is a bit disturbing!
- Ultimate Collection Of Rare Historical Photos. A Big Piece Of History (200 Pictures)
- The man who stopped World War III