Russia Doesn’t Believe U.S. Landed On The Moon, Wants International Investigation
So it turns out that Russia are among those conspiracy theorists who don’t believe that the U.S landed on the moon in 1969 after all.
Spokesman for the Russian government’s Investigation Committee, Vladimir Markin, has now called for an official investigation into the U.S. moon landings program.
Markin demanded an international probe into the American space program in a piece he wrote for the Izvestia newspaper this week.
According to a report in The Moscow Times:
An international investigation could help solve the mystery of the disappearance of film footage from the original moon landing in 1969, or explain where the nearly 400 kilograms of lunar rock reportedly obtained during several such missions between 1969 and 1972 have been spirited away to, Markin suggested.
‘We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon] and simply made a film about it,’ he wrote. ‘But all of these scientific—or perhaps cultural—artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened.’
RIA Novosti / Alexander Natruskin
Russia (then the USSR) and USA were in a constant fight for supremacy during the infamous ‘Space Race’ between 1955 and 1972. The Soviet Union launched the first satellite and then the first human into space, but the U.S landed the first men on the moon with Apollo 11.
However, tensions in this area between the two countries appear to have been reignited by football, of all things.
Markin’s article was actually a response to the FBI’s recent arrests of FIFA officials on corruption charges, which could potentially jeopardise Russia’s status as hosts of the 2018 World Cup. He described the investigation as “U.S. prosecutors having declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs,” which doesn’t come off as bitter at all.
As for the missing moon landing footage, it should be noted that NASA told Reuters in 2009 that some of the original footage was erased, along with 200,000 other tapes that were destroyed and reused to save money. Copies in the CBS archives and kinescopes from the Johnson Space Center were remastered and released in better quality than the originals.
The rocks brought back from the moon are reportedly in storage at Johnson and in museums around the world.
Markin failed to elaborate in his article with his own thoughts on how the flag could flutter on the moon when there’s no wind or if ‘The Shining’ does indeed prove that Stanley Kubrick was part of a moon landing hoax, which is a shame because we’d love to hear his take on those conspiracy theories too.
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Scientists Mapped 8000 Galaxies (Out Of Billions) & Made An Amazing Discovery
- Scientists Discover Another Earth!
- A Giant Underground “Ocean” Has Been Discovered Beneath The Earth’s Surface
- NASA Finds Three Super-Earths in Stars’ Habitable Zones
- 18 Photos That Will Make You Reconsider Your Existence!
- 25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe
- The Size Of Space As Depicted Here Is Truly Mind-Blowing
- A Third Toroidal Ring Around The Earth Discovered!
- NASA Just Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken And It Will Shake Up Your Universe
- NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field
- Physics breakthrough: Is the universe a giant hologram?
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - The Story of Everything, Time Travel, Aliens
- NASA finds hidden water ocean in Saturn moon, may contain alien life
- This Mysterious 2,100-Year-Old Mechanism Is the World’s First Computer
- Unbelievable inventions by ancient Greeks that remained unexplained until the 20th century
- Ancient Greeks discovered America, according to an Italian university professor
- 30 Meaningful Quotes By The Christian Anarchist & Pacifist Leo Tolstoy
Russia Doesn’t Believe U.S. Landed On The Moon, Wants International Investigation Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 5:42 AM Rating: