Scientists Mapped 8000 Galaxies (Out Of Billions) & Made An Amazing Discovery
Counting the stars in the universe is like trying to count the number of sand grains on a beach, its not possible. Although estimates vary among different experts, the general consensus is that there are at least between 100 billion and 200 billion galaxies in our universe. Think about that for a moment, and now throw in billions of stars in each galaxy! (source) This number could very easily be in the trillions for all we know.
Take the Milky Way Galaxy for example, which measures to about 120,000 light years across (it would take light that many years to travel across the galaxy), and contains up to 400 billion stars. Again, that’s billions of galaxies that contain billions of stars. (source)
In the video below, a team of scientists gathered data on more than 8000 galaxies that surround the one we live in, also mentioned above, the Milky Way galaxy. They mapped each galaxies movement and position in space, and discovered that the Milky Way galaxy is part of one giant system that contains a number of other galaxies, referred to as a super cluster.
Anything to do with space is mind altering to me, so for those of you who are wondering, that’s why I put it in the title.
- Scientists Discover Another Earth!
- A Giant Underground “Ocean” Has Been Discovered Beneath The Earth’s Surface
- NASA Finds Three Super-Earths in Stars’ Habitable Zones
- 18 Photos That Will Make You Reconsider Your Existence!
- 25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe
- The Size Of Space As Depicted Here Is Truly Mind-Blowing
- A Third Toroidal Ring Around The Earth Discovered!
- NASA Just Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken And It Will Shake Up Your Universe
- NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field
- Physics breakthrough: Is the universe a giant hologram?
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - The Story of Everything, Time Travel, Aliens
- NASA finds hidden water ocean in Saturn moon, may contain alien life
- How Could 3 Suppressed Technologies Revolutionize Daily Life
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla The Secret Movie - Unlimited Free Energy Forever
- Hempcrete Can Change The Way We Build Everything
- Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy – Here’s The Proof
- Check Out These Amazing Towers In Ethiopia That Harvest Clean Water From Thin Air
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
- Jacque Fresco's full interview with Larry King, 1974
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- 10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are Awesome
Scientists Mapped 8000 Galaxies (Out Of Billions) & Made An Amazing Discovery Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 4:25 PM Rating: