The human species is great, but its tendency to claim superiority may be its affliction. View these photos and challenge your perspective.
The human race has an affliction of assumed superiority. Apparently with the advent of fire, the Homo erectus brain swelled to a proportion that allowed the capability to learn and develop language, fiddle with technology, and form meaningful relationships with others.
What didn’t happen with this ‘so-called’ jump in evolution, however, was the capability to live from a space of compassion, commune with nature, and respect (or easily perceive) the innate force that ties all together.
While human beings continue to transcend previous levels of innovation, intellect, and comprehension in self and the ‘Spirit’ of life, as a collective their air of superiority still reins supreme.
Which is why we suggest everyone take a good, long look at the photos gathered by diply below and really size up their existence in proportion to the majesty which exists in the rest of the universe.
First, let’s start off with YOU.
At 30,000 feet, this is what you look like:
Flickr / Benjy
At 100,000 feet, this is you:
And from 127,852 feet (with Felix Baumgartner jumping out a capsule in the stratosphere), take a good look…
230,000 miles away, you’re pretty small, right?
Iz / Smile
Wow – in comparison to the sun, you’re TINY!
In the Milky Way Galaxy, Earth isn’t even in the scale photo.
Don’t fret. How about some more contrast?
This is Rosetta’s Comet. A probe was recently landed on it, and this is how big it is in comparison to Los Angeles:
Time for a Selfie! This is Earth in Space. Gorgeous, huh?
And if you’re not visual, math can break it down:
Fatherly Advice and Rants
Let’s introduce some perspective:
50 Million light years away…
And finally, the grand scheme:
This is the Milky Way. It boasts over a BILLION stars:
The University of Edinburgh
…But wait. You STILL Matter.
Just because the Universe is mighty, doesn’t diminish the importance of a single life or the beauty that exists on plant Earth. We’re just hoping some perspective might introduce some well-needed humility to the human race.
Share this with others!
Source: True Activist
- 25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe
- The Size Of Space As Depicted Here Is Truly Mind-Blowing
- NASA Just Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken And It Will Shake Up Your Universe
- NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field
- NASA Finds Three Super-Earths in Stars’ Habitable Zones
- Physics breakthrough: Is the universe a giant hologram?
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - The Story of Everything, Time Travel, Aliens
- NASA finds hidden water ocean in Saturn moon, may contain alien life
- How Could 3 Suppressed Technologies Revolutionize Daily Life
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla The Secret Movie - Unlimited Free Energy Forever
- Hempcrete Can Change The Way We Build Everything
- Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy – Here’s The Proof
- Check Out These Amazing Towers In Ethiopia That Harvest Clean Water From Thin Air
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
- Jacque Fresco's full interview with Larry King, 1974
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- Gregg Braden - The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles & Belief
- Dr. Amit Goswami: The Quantum Activist - Quantum Physics & Consciousness
- 10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are Awesome