Scientists Discover Another Earth!
NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope recently discovered an Earth-like planet orbiting a nearby star within the habitable zone of our galaxy. Kepler-186f is approximately 500 light-years from Earth in the Cygnus constellation.
The habitable zone, also known as the Goldilocks zone, is the region around a star within which planetary-mass objects with sufficient atmospheric pressure can support liquid water at their surfaces. While it has been estimated that there are at least 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in our Milky Way Galaxy, this particular discovery is labeled the first Earth-sized planet to be found in the habitable zone of another star.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
In addition to Kepler-186f, there are 4 other planets that orbit a nearby star within the Kepler-186f system. What this means is that if the nearby star to this planet is similar to our Sun, then the probability of life on this planet exponentially rises.
“We know of just one planet where life exists – Earth. When we search for life outside our solar system we focus on finding planets with characteristics that mimic that of Earth,” said Elisa Quintana, research scientist at the SETI Institute at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif., and lead author of the paper published today in the journal Science. “Finding a habitable zone planet comparable to Earth in size is a major step forward.”
The nearby star to Kepler-186f has half the mass and size as our solar system’s Sun and only receives one-third of the energy that we receive from our Sun. Kepler-186f orbits its star once every 130 days.
Do you think there is life on other planets? Comment below!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gregg Prescott, M.S. is the founder and editor of In5D and BodyMindSoulSpirit. He hosts a weekly spiritual show on In5D Radio and promotes spiritual, metaphysical and esoteric conferences in the United States through In5dEvents. Gregg is currently working in collaboration with Michelle Walling, CHLC, in opening a holistic walk-in clinic called Alternative Holistic Healthcare (AHH) in Sarasota, FL with subsequent subsidiaries around the world based upon this model.
Featured image: Artist rendition of what Kepler 186f may look like.
Source: Gregg Prescott, M.S. In5D via The Mind Unleashed
- NASA Finds Three Super-Earths in Stars’ Habitable Zones
- 18 Photos That Will Make You Reconsider Your Existence!
- 25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe
- The Size Of Space As Depicted Here Is Truly Mind-Blowing
- NASA Just Released The Largest Picture Ever Taken And It Will Shake Up Your Universe
- NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field
- Physics breakthrough: Is the universe a giant hologram?
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - The Story of Everything, Time Travel, Aliens
- NASA finds hidden water ocean in Saturn moon, may contain alien life
- How Could 3 Suppressed Technologies Revolutionize Daily Life
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla The Secret Movie - Unlimited Free Energy Forever
- Hempcrete Can Change The Way We Build Everything
- Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy – Here’s The Proof
- Check Out These Amazing Towers In Ethiopia That Harvest Clean Water From Thin Air
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
- Jacque Fresco's full interview with Larry King, 1974
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- Gregg Braden - The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles & Belief
- Dr. Amit Goswami: The Quantum Activist - Quantum Physics & Consciousness
- 10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are Awesome
Scientists Discover Another Earth! Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 8:07 AM Rating: