25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe
Our universe is a fascinating place and it is always fun to fill up on new and interesting facts that you probably didn’t know before. Check it out!
25. The sun makes up 99% of the mass of the solar system.
24. There is a planet called HD189733b where it rains glass sideways.
23. It takes a photon, on average, 170,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface.
22. Then it takes just 8 minutes from the sun’s surface to your eyes.
21. Far beyond Neptune, there may be an object the size of Earth orbiting the sun (look up Oort cloud).
20. There’s a gas cloud in the constellation of Aquila that contains enough alcohol to make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.
19. Dung beetles can use the Milky Way to navigate.
18. 33 light years away there is an exoplanet completely covered in burning ice.
17. If you could compress the Earth down to the size of a marble it would collapse on itself and become a black hole.
16. About 275 million new stars are born everyday.
15. Olympus Mons, the largest mountain in the universe can be found on Mars. It is 3 times the height of Everest and it basically sticks out of Mars’s atmosphere.
14. Its also so wide that if you were standing on the edge of its caldera, the base of the volcano would be over the horizon.
13. The Milky Way has four spiral arms, not two.
12. According to researchers, the center of our galaxy tastes like raspberries and smells like rum.
11. According to astronauts, space smells like seared steak, hot metal, and welding fumes.
10. Earth’s rotation is slowing at a rate of about 17 milliseconds a century.
9. A day on venus is longer than a year.
8. If you cry in space the tears just stick to your face
7. There is a diamond floating in our galaxy that is bigger than Earth
6. One spoonful of matter from a neuron star would weigh about a billion tons
5. The Voyager 1 is space craft is the furthest man made object from earth
4. Also the Voyager 1 recently captured the most distant picture of Earth ever recorded
3. Earth has over 8,000 pieces of space junk orbiting around it
2. Each year the moon moves 3.8 cm further from Earth
1. If you could put saturn in a bathtub it would float.
What other interesting facts do you know about our universe? Let us know in the comments!
Special Thanks to Syed Balkhi and David Pegg for putting this together!
Source: The Spirit Science
- The Size Of Space As Depicted Here Is Truly Mind-Blowing
- NASA Discovers Hidden Portals In Earth’s Magnetic Field
- NASA Finds Three Super-Earths in Stars’ Habitable Zones
- Physics breakthrough: Is the universe a giant hologram?
- Stephen Hawking's Universe - The Story of Everything, Time Travel, Aliens
- NASA finds hidden water ocean in Saturn moon, may contain alien life
- How Could 3 Suppressed Technologies Revolutionize Daily Life
- Fascinating Statistics About Almost Everything
- Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- 10 Unbelievable Facts You Didn't Know About Nikola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla The Secret Movie - Unlimited Free Energy Forever
- Hempcrete Can Change The Way We Build Everything
- Multiple Scientists Confirm The Reality of Free Energy – Here’s The Proof
- Check Out These Amazing Towers In Ethiopia That Harvest Clean Water From Thin Air
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
- Jacque Fresco's full interview with Larry King, 1974
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- Gregg Braden - The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles & Belief
- Dr. Amit Goswami: The Quantum Activist - Quantum Physics & Consciousness
- 10 Reasons Why EarthShips Are Awesome
25 Things You Didn't Know About Our Universe Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 6:47 AM Rating: