Brushing your teeth with some sea salt and/or baking soda is a safe and natural way to ensure strong teeth and gums, break down plaque buildup, and protect against bad breath.
You can either use them alone or together, sea salt and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) are inexpensive, time-tested treatments for tooth care.
A few of many trace elements and minerals found in sea salt are calcium, magnesium, silicon, phosphorus, sodium, nickel, and iron. These nutrients strengthen your gums, protect teeth against tarter and rid your bad breath. It may even whiten your teeth over time. Sea salt is high in iodine which has antibacterial properties and helps neutralize acids in the mouth. Salt makes you salivate, and your saliva creates an antibacterial barrier that protects your enamel.
You can either dip your wet toothbrush into a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and brush your teeth as you regularly would or you can rinse with a saltwater solution. Mix a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt with 4 ounces of warm water. Let the salt dissolve, and then swish the solution around in your mouth for 30 seconds. Be sure to spit it out and not swallow when you’re done! A saltwater rinse helps with swollen, inflamed gums and rinses away bacteria in the mouth.
Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) is highly alkaline, and as such counteracts acids in the mouth that cause tooth decay and, kills bacteria and germs while combating bad breath. Baking soda is also been the natural way to whiten teeth. It’s gritty enough to clean your teeth of tarter and plaque without being so abrasive that it wears away your tooth enamel.
You can mix baking soda with water into a paste-like consistency to clean teeth, or you can combine baking soda and salt to make your own homemade toothpaste. If you are not that comfortable ditching your traditional toothpaste entirely, try to brush with sea salt and baking soda once or twice a week as supplemental dental care.
According to Dr. Paul H. Keyes D.D.S., clinical investigator at the National Institute of Dental Research, “Over the years when I was lecturing, I asked thousands of dentists and hygienists to raise their hands if they had ever seen destructive periodontal disease in person[s] who had regularly brushed with salt and/or [baking] soda. I have never seen a hand! And although I have not seen any such cases, the periodontal health in these patients has always been excellent.”
Source: Organic Health
- Do The Bars At The Bottom Of Your Toothpaste Really Tell You What’s In Them?
- Simple Natural Whitening Toothpaste Recipe
- How to Heal Cavities Naturally
- What Does Your Tongue Say About Your State Of Health?
- How to Clear a Stuffy Nose in 1 Minute
- How To Recognize Skin Cancer – This Could Save Your Life!
- How To Stop A Migraine Instantly
- Did You Know What Your Fingernails Can Say About Your Health?
- How To Detox Your Lungs After You Quit Smoking
- Natural Way To Clear Your Lungs Of Nicotine, Tar, And Nasty Tobacco Byproducts
- Science: Your Eye Color Reveals A Lot About You
- Here’s How To Cleanse Your Body Of Toxins In 3 Weeks. You Only Need 2 Things!
- 36 Foods That Help Detox and Cleanse Your Entire Body
- 19 Super Foods That Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- How To Fix Common Body Problems By Sleeping In The Right Position
- Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Needed
- 6 Bad Postures That Are Ruining Your Health & How To Correct Them
- Why Dehydration Is Making You Fat And Sick
- Garlic Soup Made With 52 Cloves of Garlic Can Defeat Colds, Flu and Even Norovirus
- 5 Food-Medicines That Could Quite Possibly Save Your Life
- Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
- 11 Ways to Naturally Boost Your Metabolism for Weight Loss
- One Injection Reverses Diabetes Symptoms Without Side Effects
- Science Confirms Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs
- The Man Who Defied Odds, Turned Down Chemotherapy and Drugs and Outlived All His Doctors