You Are Worthy Of Love And Belonging, Just By Way Of Having Been Born Into This Beautiful Planet.
But not just that.
You deserve to be loved fiercely.
You deserve to be loved by a man who knows how to love hard.
A man who looks at you like you are made of magic. The kind of shimmering magic that you feel when you are standing knee deep in Balinese water and the blue-glowing phosphorescence whisks about your feet after midnight—a beach-side bonfire roaring 20 feet behind you.
A man who prefers date night to consist of you, a fireplace, little to no clothing and the kind of soul-f***ing that happens when your limbs are intertwined and the depth of your conversation becomes the entertainment for the night.
A man who wants to know your fears, worries, insecurities, phobias, and doubts, and wants even more to love you through every last one of them.
A man who loves you fiercely, for who you are at your beautiful core.
A man who prefers you at seven a.m. with eyes that only open halfway and strands of hair stuck to your bottom lip, even though you aren’t a morning person. A man who loves you before, during, and after your morning coffee—regardless of whether or not you’ve fussed over yourself in a mirror that day.
A man who rests his jawline on your chest and melts into you more than you ever thought a human being could possibly melt.
A man who worships you.
On the days when his love seems too deep, too permeating, too how-do-I-even-deserve-this-kind-of-love to be true, he is right there to remind you why you 1,000 percent deserve every last drop.
Because he can’t not love you. Because it’s easy. Because it’s you.
Marry a man who is there for all of the “what-if’s” of life. What if I’m grumpy? What if my parents are mean to him one day? What if I lose 10 pounds? What if I gain 30 pounds? What if I lose my job? What if I temporarily lose my spark in life? What if I forget who I am? What if I throw a (paper) plate at him when I’m upset?
Marry a man who will be there, through all of the inevitable speed bumps of life.
A man who lovingly listens to how your day went, and knows exactly when to steer you away from your own stormy seas when life’s pressures pile up in too big of a mountain for you to climb on your own.
A man who is there to remind you, that yes you are allowed to feel that way. Who is also there to mirror you when your thoughts are too disconnected from reality and you might be causing yourself harm by dwelling in your stories.
A man who rubs your feet, or slow dances with you, or cracks a perfectly timed joke to get you out of your anxious head and back into your body.
A man who understands that love is shown through the little things.
A man who does the dishes not as a martyr, but as someone who sees organizing your environment as an act of love in itself. A man who fills up your car’s gas tank because he knows how much you dislike doing it. A man who leaves 10-word love notes for you to find scattered throughout your life—and not because it’s Valentine’s Day, but just because it’s Tuesday.
A man who isn’t really that interested in seeing your new shade of lipstick because he would rather feel his lips stick to yours.
And when the tough times inevitably roll through your shared lives, make sure you marry a man who can look deeply into your eyes and say, “We’ve got this. We’re going to make it through. You have nothing to worry about.”
A man who wants nothing more than to assist in the ever-expanding greatness of your life. He is not threatened by your successes; he relishes them.
He doesn’t get jealous when other people check you out; he knows at a bone-deep level how much of a prize you are.
Marry a man who loves so hard that it liberates you on every level. A man whose love emancipates you from your confines, and makes you believe that anything in life is possible.
This man will open up your world for you, and you will gladly do the same for him.
Yes, marry a man who loves like this, and you will begin to access a depth of love and self-love that you previously had not had access to.
by Jordan Gray
Source: Elephant Journal via Ideaspots
- It Doesn’t Matter You Are Married or Not You Should Read This
- 10 Things I Learned While Everyone Else Was Getting Married
- What Marriage Is Really Like
- A Man Who Just Got Divorced Wrote This Epic Marriage Advice
- Men Who Marry Smart Women Live Longer
- My Dear Son, This is How to Treat a Woman
- This Is Why A Good Man Will Never Cheat On You
- The Difference Between Needing, Wanting And Loving Somebody
- Funny Comic Illustrates The Nightly Routine Of Every Married Couple
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- As I Began To Love Myself – Charlie Chaplin – A Beautiful Self Love Poem
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last