True love is not always perfect. But maybe that's what's so perfect about it.
You can find true love in everyday life's aspects. It's the simple things that create love, even the ones that seem so funny or stupid. What's important to know is that true love can last forever and that no matter how many years pass, some things remain unchangeable.
True love is filled with a myriad of moments where you enjoy each other’s company, in many ways.
Illustrator Nidhi Chanani created a series of inspirational pictures showing what true love really looks like. Enjoy!
True love expresses itself. If you have a favorite song, and he wants to sing it, know that he is trying to make you smile, impress you or simply create a special connection. He may want to play guitar or some other instrument, just to add music to your favorite tune. Whether he sounds like a wounded animal or an angel, you will be in awe. True love thrives in self-expressions like these, even in imperfection.
2. Learning From Each Other
You can never learn too many things, especially when your true love is teaching you. It’s an exchange, really. If she knows how to cook or clean better than you, then be content to learn. There are things that you can teach her as well, such as sports or mechanics. You may be surprised at how much she is willing to learn from you. This is part of spending time with the love of your life.
3. Retaining Youth
One way to know you have found your true love is to pay attention to how you feel around them. If he acts like a kid along with you, then he feels comfortable connecting with his youth in your presence. If you enjoy acting silly together, then congratulations, you are meant to be together – at least this is a great sign. When not acting your age, you will feel that you don’t care what anyone else thinks. For that moment, he is a kid and you are too!
4. Comfortably Uncomfortable
When you are with your true love, it doesn’t matter what’s happening around you. So she’s having a bad day – car trouble, lost a job or simply having a rough time with life in general – it’s still okay to smile. You being the light in her life at this moment is beneficial to growing the relationship. If the two of you can find happiness during hard times, this means everything.
5. Sharing Interests
Amidst all the differences, there are similarities between those who are in love. If he loves to play video games, and suddenly you feel interested, this creates a bond that isn’t easily broken. Paired with attraction, having things in common can add an added dimension to the relationship. If you spend time with him, sharing some of his interests, then you may have found your true love. It’s okay if some of these common interests develop over time.
6. Appreciating Time Outside
There is something magical about being outside, enjoying nature. True love thrives from time outdoors. If she loves to take walks, go swimming or camping, then joining in the fun strengthens the bond between you two. Fresh air and adventure are something shared between those who are truly in love. An added bonus – health improves dramatically, providing energy to enjoy even more things together.
7. Do Your Own Thing, Together
You don’t have to be doing the same thing to enjoy each other’s company. Sometimes he may want to play a game while you read a book. If he is lying in bed watching a video on his phone, and you want to retain that special connection, lay beside him and listen to some music on your headphones. Being near each other, without interacting, can prove your love is stable and strong.
8. Love Till The End
So, her hair is turning gray and her face is lined with life experiences – you may not notice any of this. The love you have for each other is strong and lasts a lifetime. You have many stories to tell and still love to be in the company of one another, that says a lot. True love grows old together.
Yes, true love is beautiful, true love is real, it resides in those whose bond is never broken by life’s circumstances. It resides in those who find comfort in doing the mundane things of life, just as with enjoying those spectacular adventures. True love lasts forever, literally, and true love is one of the most important aspects of true happiness. You know when it’s true! So, always make the most of your time together.
Image Credits: Nidhi Chanani
By Sherrie H.
Source: Life Advancer
- 10 Heartwarming Sketches About Love and Romance by Zac Retz!
- Korean Artist Beautifully Captures What Real Love Truly Looks Like
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- 8 crazy symptoms of being in love
- 10 Signs Of True Love
- This Hilarious Short Animated Film Shows Exactly What Happens In Your Mind When You Meet Your Crush
- The Pain Of Being In Love With Someone You Can Never Be With
- As I Began To Love Myself – Charlie Chaplin – A Beautiful Self Love Poem
- “Where there is love there is life!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- What Albert Einstein Taught Us About Love
- Brain Scans Show The Real Impact Love Has On A Child’s Brain
- What Self-Love Means: 20+ Ways to be Good to Yourself
- Research Mapping Human Emotions Shows Strong Mind Body Connection
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits
- 18 Signs That You're In A Happy Relationship
- 20 Powerful Secrets to Meaningful Relationships
- Signs That Your Relationship Can Last
- 5 things you should do for yourself before getting into a relationship
- 5 Signs You’re in a Toxic or Draining Relationship
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- When You’re In A Good Relationship, You Learn These 10 Things
- 10 Toxic Relationships Mentally Strong People Avoid
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- The Four Types Of Friends According To The Buddha