According to psychologists, coloring can replace meditation, since they have similar effects. Unbelievable, isn't it?
The reason why coloring is so good is the fact that it helps you release your creative self who had been hidden inside of you. Creativity is really important, since it relieves any tension you might feel and makes you less anxious.
In addition, coloring is a kids' hobby, so it can make you feel young again, when everything was easier and you felt completely free.
As psychologist Antoni Martínez states, coloring is a relaxation technique, that can help us enter a more creative, freer state. Martínez recommends coloring in a quiet environment, even with chill music. As he says, "let the color and the lines flow".
Did you know? 6 out of the top 20 selling books on Amazon are adult coloring books. Coloring is considered to be an easy means to express oneself and reduce anxiety.
Another psychologist, Ben Michaelis, mentions that "there is a long history of people coloring for mental health reasons. Carl Jung used to try to get his patients to color in mandalas at the turn of the last century, as a way of getting people to focus and allow the subconscious to let go. Now we know it has a lot of other stress-busting qualities as well.”
That means that you can let yourself grab some crayons and color for a little bit or more, especially during a long, hard day at work!
Based on: Ayurveda Stars, Huffington Post, Jamolina Creative
- Harvard Study Unveils What Meditation Literally Does To The Brain
- 4 Best Scientifically Proven Benefits Of Meditation
- 7 Meditation & Mindfulness Practices For A Busy Life
- Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits – 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways
- One Buddha Teaching That Will Tell You More About Yourself Than Anything Else
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- The Key To Happiness, According To 3 Greek Philosophers
- The 10 Most Famous Personalities Of The Last 6,000 Years
- 12 Life Lessons from Jesus That Everyone Should Read Before They Die
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- Socrates: The Test Of Three
- This Animation Will Explain To You Plato's Philosophy In Almost 3 Minutes
- 18 Rules Of Living By The Dalai Lama
- 25 Life Changing Lessons To Learn From Rumi
- 25 Lessons From Khalil Gibran That Can Totally Transform Your Life
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein - How I See the World
- Leonardo Da Vinci's Resume Written In The 1480s
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s 6 Ingenious Inventions
- The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World
- Gandhi’s 10 Fundamentals: How To Change The World
- 10 Pieces Of Wisdom & Quotes From Native American Elders
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 102 Habits for Positive Living