This precious secret had been concealed for 3.245 years. When it was finally revealed, it caused amazement and fear...
This stamp used to seal a famous reliquary. It had remained undamaged for 3.245 years.
Howard Carter was the first to open it on 16th of February, 1923. He discovered Tutankhamun's mummy in there! It was kept into five sarcophagi, like Russian dolls. Sarcophagi were located into five reliquaries. The first, external reliquary had been opened twice in the ancient years, but the second had remained undamaged for three thousand years.
Harry Burton, an egyptologist and Carter's colleague, took photographs of the reliquary. Its doors were sealed with a piece of rope. Upon the rope, there was Pharaoh's clay stamp, picturing god Anubis, protector of graves.
The rope had remained undamaged for years, because of the dry climate of the desert and due to the lack of oxygen in the room. That's why many wooden pictures, papyrus and even clothes have remained undamaged in Egyptian temples built in the desert.
Tutankhamun was one of the less famous Pharaohs, since he died really young. He was just 19 years old. However, his tomb was really impressive and rich. In addition, his tomb was hard to be found because it was built under other Pharaohs' tombs, in the Valley of the Kings. So, the tomb was covered by lots of mud, sand and stones.
Tutankhamun's tomb was not only famous because of its treasures but also because of "Pharaohs' curse". According to the Press, ancient Egyptians had cursed everyone who would interrupt Pharaoh's eternal sleep. According to the rumour, whoever opened the tomb would die. People became more obsessed with the myth of the curse since Lord Carnarvon's premature death. He was the one who had funded the excavating...
- Scientists Discovered the Egyptian Secret to Moving Huge Pyramid Stones
- The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts
- Why Does Ancient Art Contain Depictions Of Flying Aircraft, Helicopters And Dinosaurs?
- This Mysterious 2,100-Year-Old Mechanism Is the World’s First Computer
- Unbelievable inventions by ancient Greeks that remained unexplained until the 20th century
- DNA Reveals Origin of Crete’s Ancient Minoan People
- Ancient Greeks discovered America, according to an Italian university professor
- 8 Ancient Beliefs Now Backed By Modern Science
- 10 Unexplained Similarities between Ancient Cultures
This precious secret had been concealed for 3.245 years. When it was finally revealed, it caused amazement and fear... Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:58 AM Rating: