This Is Why You Should Be Sleeping On Your Left Side
Sleep is a necessary thing. Everybody knows that. Not only do you need it for basic survival, your sleeping patterns also say a whole lot about your mental health.
The mattress industry certainly knows this. There are as many types of mattresses on the market as there are sheep in a sleep-deprived, desperate mind.
But let’s say you’re looking to improve your sleep drastically without spending a ton on a new mattress.
Better sleep is very possible with simple alterations to your sleeping position.
But what’s the best position? One theory says sleeping on the left side is the way to go.
The left side of the body is the dominant lymphatic side. Your lymphatic system aids in the removal of toxins and waste from your body. So you could say it’s pretty crucial.
By sleeping on your left side, you may find that your body becomes more efficient at removing waste and toxins from your body as well as relieving acid reflux, as Medical Daily reports.
One of my coworkers found this to be true when she was pregnant. If she slept on her right side, she would get awful heartburn and would not be able to sleep. However, when she slept on her left side, no heartburn. This has to do with the position of the stomach. The stomach is on the left side of the body, so by sleeping on that side, gravity is helping the stomach juices stay in place. Less heartburn.
HERE IS A SHORT VIDEO ABOUT WHY SLEEPING ON YOUR LEFT SIDE IS BEST!
BUT IF YOU’VE BEEN SLEEPING ON ONE SIDE OF YOUR BODY FOR YEARS, HOW DO YOU CHANGE THAT?
A good tip is to prop a body pillow against your back, which will support you and stop you from wanting to roll back into the more dominant position.
Source: Healthylifetricks via The Open Mind
- New Research Says Women Need More Sleep Than Men Because Their Brains Are More Complex
- 6 Diseases Your Lack Of Sleep Could Be Causing
- Your Ancestors Didn’t Sleep Like You – Are We Doing It Wrong?
- Sleep Deprivation Can Be A Dangerous Thing – Find Out Why
- Here's What Happens To Your Brain When You Nap
- Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Needed
- 8 Sleeping Positions & Their Effects On Health
- 13 Common Symbols In Dreams & What They Mean
- Astral Projection 101: DMT & Sleep Paralysis
- 15 Funny Pictures About Sleep Lovers
This Is Why You Should Be Sleeping On Your Left Side Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:11 AM Rating: