7 Strange Phenomena Of The Mind
Déjà vu is the feeling of being certain that you’ve already experienced a certain situation previously. It’s as if what has happened is repeating itself in a new moment. A lot of the times, this is because it actually has.
When we think about what we do or say each day, a lot of the times it’s repetitive.
I’ve had so many moments where I have to ask my friends if I’ve already told them a certain story I’m in the middle of.
Half the time – I have. Sometimes, some of these experiences have happened in a dream and a specific object or word reminds you of it.
Déjà vécu is similar to Déjà Vu but it is much more immersive. In a moment of Déjà Vu, it’s something you’ve SEEN before, but in a moment of Déjà Vécu, it’s something you’ve FELT before.
It brings forth senses of smell and sound in greater detail. It is a more intense version of Déjà Vu.
Déjà visité is an amazing feeling of familiarity with a place you’ve never been. If you’re walking around a new city or perhaps forest and you have this strange feeling of being there before – well maybe you have in a dreams state or on a higher frequency. I was walking around a neighborhood in Santa Cruz – a place I never thought I’d visit.
I had a completely overwhelming feeling of being here before.
I had actually thought of this place as a kid, and it had more to do with the feeling of being here rather than what everything looked like.
The experience was amazing and brought me to tears as I was overcome with feelings of gratitude.
Déjà senti – stemming from the word sentimental, is the phenomenon of having “already felt” something. This sometimes translates to thinking you just spoke but then realizing you didn’t say anything at all.
It happens inthose moments of daydreaming, when you think you just did something but snap back into reality and realize you were just sitting there the whole time.
Jamais vu – this is a crazy one. It’s like the opposite of Déjà Vu, where something isn’t recognized. This experience happens all the time when you say a word over and over and you just can’t even believe it’s a word anymore.
You begin to doubt if it’s spelled correctly and it becomes a foreign sound of jumbled letters.
This first happened to me when I was about 6 and said the word ‘finger’ over and over. It freaked me out how much I didn’t recognize it after repeating it.
Presque vu this is that annoying sensation of something being ‘on the tip of your tongue’. You can just almost grasp the word or idea you’re trying to remember but you can’t quite get it.
This is a very strange experience – it’s like you can see parts of the word in your mind but its jumbled and can’t be grasped.
That moment of pulling it into your consciousness and expressing it is quite special, what made you able to put the connections together to retrieve the information?
L’esprit de l’Escalier
L’esprit de l’escalier – literally translating to ‘staircase wit’ is that awful feeling of knowing what to say AFTER it’s already too late.
In the moment of trying to say a witty comeback but it just won’t come to mind, and then after the conversation is done THEN you know what to say. It’s happened to all of us.
Source: The Spirit Science
- This Explains Why Einstein's Brain Was Special
- Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits – 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways
- Neuroplasticity: Your Brain’s Amazing Ability to Form New Habits
- 10 Things You Can Do Every Day To Benefit Your Brain
- 15 Simple Ways To Supercharge Your Brain
- Left Brain Vs. Right Brain: The Eye Opening Insights
- What You Are Not Being Told About The Secret & Law Of Attraction
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- Research Mapping Human Emotions Shows Strong Mind Body Connection
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things Highly Confident People Don’t Do
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- Expand Your Mind In 2014 With These Online Courses (All 100% Free)
- 300+ Mind Expanding Documentaries
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Buddha
- 25 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
- It will take just 1 minute to read this and change your thinking.
7 Strange Phenomena Of The Mind Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 6:41 AM Rating: