5 Behaviours You Should Never Tolerate From Others
There are many things in life we have to tolerate - people or facts. However, there are also many other things we don't actually have to tolerate, but still we do. We step around things, overlook irritations, and mindlessly accept energy drains. Perhaps we’ve become so immune to these tolerations that we don’t recognize the negative impact they have on us.
Bullying is not a problem just among kids and teenagers. It is a very common issue for adults, too. Many people just don’t recognize it because it is usually disguised as verbal aggression or other types of intolerant behaviour. Bullying should definitely not be accepted! Sadly, some people just won’t be happy until they’ve pushed your ego to the ground and stomped on it. What you have to do is have the nerve to stand your ground. Don’t give them any leeway. Nobody has the power to make you feel small unless you give them that power. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but just as much to stand up to your family and friends. Sometimes bullying comes from the most unlikely places. Be cognizant of how the people closest to you treat you, and look out for the subtle jabs they throw. When necessary, confront them – whatever it takes to give yourself the opportunity to grow into who you really are.
2) Lack of communication
Draining relationships include bad communication between people or no communication at all. It's really sad. In every single relationship you have, especially your primary relationship, healthy communication is essential to your life happiness. Open, honest, loving communication is the number one ingredient for successful relationships. If you don’t know how to communicate in a healthy way, then learn how to and begin to implement these skills.
Let's be honest, it's true that people tell lies. Some people tell lies in order to protect you from something (even though this is stupid) or to make you happy (these are called white lies). However there are some people who tell lies all the time or people who choose to tell lies that can harm you in the end. This is called dishonesty and you should neither accept it nor be dishonest to someone else. Live your life in such a way as to not feel the need to hide behind them. Don’t allow others (or yourself) the opportunity to nestle into their own cowardice. That is, after all, what lying is. It’s an attempt to get around the consequences of our decisions. Or perhaps it’s a way to avoid the overreaction of someone close or who has authority over us. Even so, have the courage to let the person overreacting choose how to deal with an honest life, not a pretended one. Then have the courage to accept their response.
Most people know that physical violence is a serious issue that should never be ignored and you must never tolerate such behaviour. However it's sad that many families and relationships are going through this right now. So, if you know someone who is struggling with this or has had such an experience before, give him a helping hand and encourage them to let go of their past, anger so that they can move on with their life the healthy way.
Ingratitude is a particularly ugly form of selfishness. It’s taking others’ kindness for granted, indifferent to their thoughtfulness. Ingratitude is intolerable because it fails to recognize the humanity of the person who has done something kind. Even Jesus asked the 10th leper where the other nine were he had healed when the 10th was the only one to thank him. Help people grow by gently and lovingly and compassionately reminding them to express gratitude more freely. You will be helping them lay a foundation for greater and deeper and more consistent levels of happiness. Still, the most effective way to encourage gratitude in others is to be grateful yourself.
- MOTIVATION: 15 Best Socrates Picture Quotes
- 25 traits of mentally strong people
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 7 lies that prevent you from succeeding in life
- Even the smartest people forget these 7 basic truths
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 15 Things Highly Confident People Don’t Do
- 20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go & Move On
- 25 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- 29 Signs You’re Doing Just Fine (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- 11 Ways to Live a Happier Life, According to a Psychologist (Hint: These have nothing to do with money!)
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 6 Signs You Are Actually Maturing, Not Just Aging
- 7 Ways to Better Listen to Your Intuition
- 8 Ways To Take Control Back Over Your Mind
- 15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 102 Habits for Positive Living
- 12 Year Old Girl Paints Heaven, Child Prodigy [VIDEO]
- A 16 Year Old Girl, Armed With A Pencil, Entered A Competition. The Result Blew My Mind.
- Mind-Bending 3D Beach Art By NZ Artist Jamie Harkins
- The Only Thing More Beautiful Than This Iceberg Is What You See Upon A Closer Look. Amazing!
5 Behaviours You Should Never Tolerate From Others Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 4:52 PM Rating: