25 traits of mentally strong people
We live in a fast-paced world. There are fewer guarantees and more uncertainties these days. Thankfully this also means that there are plenty of opportunities, too. People who learn to welcome them as they come are the ones who are keeping up and making progress in the turbulent times we live in today. Usually these people are mentally strong and manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life. If you are wondering whether you are a mentally strong person, here are 25 signs that show you have nerves of steel:
1. You avoid conflicts
The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back. Holding grudges has never been a solution to problems, nor has anyone achieved anything out of it.Instead of spending your time hating people who hurt you, you choose to let go of the pain and learn from the incident. Even in the harshest stress factors, you choose to stay calm and you try to handle situations smoothly. You think that raising your voice is a sign of weakness.
2. You don’t judge or envy
You’ve hardly ever made assumptions without first being fully aware of the situation. You avoid believing in the negative stuff that you’ve been told and you don’t resent other people’s success. You celebrate other people’s success and don’t grow jealous when somebody is better than you in a particular area. You know that success comes with hard work and you are willing to work hard for your achievements.
3. You are open to receive the help of others
You are not trapped by your ego. You are not afraid of asking for help if you are in need. You are confident to admit that you don’t know everything and you are open to ask for help in order to learn.
4. You apologize when necessary
You are not worrying about losing face when you apologize when you’ve said or done something wrong. You don’t fear admitting your own mistakes and are ready to suffer the consequences from them. That makes you a responsible and honest human being.
5. You are open to other people’s opinions
You handle different opinions easily- you don’t reject them because you believe that the opposite of what you know may be true for someone else. You embrace diversity and are ready to listen to what everybody has to say.
6. You are selfless
You love helping others and you don’t expect anything in return when you do something good for a friend. You know that a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
7. You know you can’t always please everyone
Although you are a kind and genuine being, you are aware that you can’t always make everyone happy. You know that spending time on yourself is as important as containing a good relationship with the people around you but are willing to say “no” when somebody tries to steal from your time for yourself.
8. You know that the world does not owe you anything
You don’t feel entitled to things in life. You are willing to work hard for achieving your goals and you know that your world is what you make it. You don’t take anything for granted and are thankful for what you have.
9. You embrace change
You don’t try to avoid change and understand that it is inevitable. You welcome positive change and are willing to be flexible because you believe in your abilities to adapt.
10. You follow your heart
You believe that you can’t go wrong by following your heart and instincts. You understand that by doing that, you’re helping your soul grow and you are never sorry for following your heart.
11. You forgive yourself
You know that being angry at yourself is not going to take you far. Instead, you are willing to forgive yourself and by doing that you are able to learn. Leaving the past where it belongs instead of dwelling on it is the key of moving on and making progress.
12. You are financially responsible
You are a responsible human being and know that by spending your money foolishly you are harming your future self.
13. You believe that persistence pays off
You have goals and nothing can distract you from working towards them. Although you may have failed several times, you don’t view failure as a reason to give up. On the contrary- you use failure as an opportunity to grow stronger and improve. You find ways around any obstacle. Giving up just isn’t your thing, but looking for alternatives is.
14. Self-improvement is a way of life
You know that life is about learning new things and you live your life by always trying to improve yourself- whether it is for your job, health or any other area of your life. You agree that if a person stops learning, he is dead.
15. You are taking care of your mind and body
You can’t have a healthy mind without a healthy body. You know that by maintaining a balanced life, you are able to grow stronger and be the best version of yourself. Your body is your mind.
16. You are willing to step away of your comfort zone
You believe that the comfort zone isn’t a good place to be stuck because nothing grows there, so you try to challenge yourself on a daily basis and take calculated risks.
17. You don’t waste energy on things you can’t control
You know that sometimes the only thing you can control is your attitude towards the events in your life. Wasting your energy on things you can’t control is something that doesn’t suit you and know that blaming something that’s beyond your control is useless and silly.
18. You use your time wisely
You value your time and believe that by killing time, it actually is killing you. You fight procrastination and choose to spend your time productively.
19. You handle crisis calmly
You remain calm and clear of thought during a crisis. Good result of anything comes out when it’s done with a peaceful and a calm mind.
20. You are not co-dependent
You don’t rely on others to do your work and by doing so, you maintain a healthy relationship both personally and professionally.
21. You know you are responsible for how your life unfolds
You believe your own happiness and success is a byproduct of your own thinking, beliefs, attitudes, character and behavior.
22. You know that gratitude is the best attitude adjustment
The more goodness you see, the more you create, and the more good things you have to smile about. Happiness doesn’t start when “this, that or the other thing” is resolved. Happiness is what happens now when you appreciate what you have.
23. You know that you don’t have to be perfect
You believe that when you spend too much time concentrating on everyone else’s perception of you, or who everyone else wants you to be, you eventually forget who you really are. So you don’t fear other people’s judgments because you know in your heart who you really are and are not ashamed to show your real face to the world.
24. You know who you are
You are at peace with yourself and you aware of what you want to achieve. You have certain limits that you’ve established for yourself and you’ve embraced them because you know well that that is who you are.
25. You expect less and learn more
Although things don’t always go as you’ve planned, you’ve realized that this is what life is about. You don’t always get what you’ve wanted and that’s a good thing because you learn from this experience and keep going.
Source: I Heart Intelligence
- 13 things mentally strong people don’t do
- 5 Mind Hacks to Better Manage Your Attitude
- 7 lies that prevent you from succeeding in life
- Even the smartest people forget these 7 basic truths
- 9 Good Signs That You’re In The Right Relationship
- 10 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
- 7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough
- 8 Ways To Tell if You’re A Truly Compassionate Person
- 10 Great Reasons Why You Need Some Time On Your Own
- 12 Tips for Recovering from Emotional Pain
- 13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- 20 Signs It’s Time To Let Go & Move On
- 25 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- 29 Signs You’re Doing Just Fine (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
- The Effect Of Positive Emotions On Our Health
- 11 Ways to Live a Happier Life, According to a Psychologist (Hint: These have nothing to do with money!)
- 5 Things Everyone Should Know About Introverts
- 7 Ways to Better Listen to Your Intuition
- 10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 15 Tips For Empaths And Highly Sensitive People
- 15 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
- 21 Habits of Happy People
- 99 Interesting Quotes That Will Change How You See The World
- 102 Habits for Positive Living
25 traits of mentally strong people Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 11:45 AM Rating: