Elon Musk Enraged At Billionaire Tax Bill, Saying He Would Use The Money For Mars

SHARE:

Elon Musk Enraged At Billiionare Tax Bill, Saying He Would Use The Money For Mars

Elon Musk has spoken out in anger at the fact that billionaires will have to pay more tax under a plan by the Biden administration. Musk claims instead that he would use the money to go to Mars.


The new tax bill put forward by Democrats will mean people like Musk may be taxed at 23% of assets, which would create billions of dollars for funding education, healthcare and other social policies.


The new billionaire tax plan would affect just around 800 Americans, and the current administration was elected on the basis that it would make the US tax system fairer after former president Trump's huge tax cuts for the wealthiest. The tax applies to those who earn $100 million 3 years in a row or who have over $1 billion in assets. Unlike previous systems which taxed income, the new tax code will tax assets, which is a significant shift in the way US tax is calculated.


It is believed that the new tax plans will cost Musk, the world's richest man and founder of Tesla and SpaceX, around $50 billion, while Amazon founder Jeff Bezos will pay around $44 billion.


Musk made his feelings clear on twitter, saying:


"According to their own estimates, this tax only covers 10% of the $3.5 trillion spending bill. Where will the other 90% come from? The answer is you."



And:


"US national debt is $28,900 billion or ~$229k per taxpayer. Even taxing all "billionaires" at 100% would only make a small dent in that number, so obviously the rest must come from the general public. This is basic math. Spending is the real problem."


Musk had also stated:


"Eventually they run out of other people's money and then they come for you. Who is best at capital allocation — government or entrepreneurs — is indeed what it comes down to. The tricksters will conflate capital allocation with consumption."


Others will be disgusted by Musk, who believes that he should be able to hoard vast wealth while other Americans have to pay their fair share of tax, and many will believe that Musk does not really care about anything other than advancing his own personal wealth, even if it means US citizens going without basic healthcare and a decent education.


[Based on reporting by: IFL Science]


COMMENTS

Name

Activism,1306,Art,788,BLM,22,Consciousness,1545,CoVid-19,151,Cures,227,Do it Yourself,112,Documentaries,72,Environment,1426,Fiction,2,Health,745,History,447,Human Intelligence,552,Inspirations,2,Inspiring Stories,4095,Justice,531,Mental Health,15,News,1037,Nutrition,217,Philosophy,309,Photography,1585,Quantum Physics,29,Quizzes & Tests,145,Quotes,113,Relationships,780,Science,1095,Self Improvement,837,Spirituality,248,Sustainability,246,Technology,473,Truth,754,
ltr
item
Thinking Humanity: Elon Musk Enraged At Billionaire Tax Bill, Saying He Would Use The Money For Mars
Elon Musk Enraged At Billionaire Tax Bill, Saying He Would Use The Money For Mars
Elon Musk has spoken out in anger at the fact that billionaires will have to pay more tax under a plan by the Biden administration. Musk claims instea
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEg6KwA3BZSG0V9bXR2htg_Q0I_SxdqYM4bD-SXXaCG5km-g0d_wwVfpMq6vC4K-9uIaKwMXAmWlYhVroM5NlDefx4SX8lTjfKksM5G7A7hEkXiBUxlfW9s1UXQS3UmWzFqe98YfCl-6yYHam0ZOSBqo6HzHYZOlNr0KD6gJKrsR5hgNDsAbkQCQMJ2eWw
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEg6KwA3BZSG0V9bXR2htg_Q0I_SxdqYM4bD-SXXaCG5km-g0d_wwVfpMq6vC4K-9uIaKwMXAmWlYhVroM5NlDefx4SX8lTjfKksM5G7A7hEkXiBUxlfW9s1UXQS3UmWzFqe98YfCl-6yYHam0ZOSBqo6HzHYZOlNr0KD6gJKrsR5hgNDsAbkQCQMJ2eWw=s72-c
Thinking Humanity
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2021/10/elon-musk-enraged-at-billionaire-tax-bill-saying-he-would-use-money-for-mars.html
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/
https://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2021/10/elon-musk-enraged-at-billionaire-tax-bill-saying-he-would-use-money-for-mars.html
true
7064777598104498166
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy