Contrary to popular belief, smoking cannabis does not assist a great deal in treating disease within the body, as therapeutic levels cannot be reached through smoking.
To get the best benefit from this miraculous plant, you should either eat it or take cannabis oil. Smoking also alters the plant molecules; when cannabis is heated and burned, it changes the chemical structure and acidity of the THC, which in turn negates its therapeutic value. The smoke from marijuana is toxic to the body, just as the smoke from any other substance would be. Furthermore, anytime you burn something and inhale it, you create oxidation within the body.
That being said, there is not a great deal of evidence suggesting that smoking cannabis is harmful for your health either. In fact, smoking it does have some benefits, as it helps to alleviate stress, depression, and anxiety, and offers pain relief as well. In the end, if you are going to smoke it, use a vaporizer like this instead.
On the other, there are some concerns that still exist, like the effect smoking cannabis can have on a developing brain, for example.
You have to look at both sides of the coin anytime you’re putting something in your body, which is why we recently wrote an article creating awareness about the potential downsides of smoking marijuana.
The point of this article is to shed light on the fact that smoking it is not the only option, and that most of the medicinal benefits the plant offers, like its ability to fight cancer and various other diseases, comes from a different method of ingestion.
The infographic below is from MesotheliomaTreatmentCenters.org.
Source: Collective Evolution
- The ‘Gateway Drug’ Is Alcohol, Not Marijuana
- The Importance of Drinking Rather Than Smoking Cannabis
- The Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Marijuana Illegal
- Hempcrete Can Change The Way We Build Everything
- 5 Reasons The Most Dangerous Drug Is Not Illegal
- How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit
- How To Detox Your Lungs After You Quit Smoking
- Natural Way To Clear Your Lungs Of Nicotine, Tar, And Nasty Tobacco Byproducts
- This Is What Happens To Lungs After Smoking 60 Cigarettes
- What happens when a smoker quits
- One Of The Best Anti-Smoking Ads Ever Created
- If You Drink Alcohol On A Regular Basis, You Need To Read This Immediately
- 7 Things I Learned From A Year Without Alcohol
- How to Clean Your Liver with 5 Natural Liver-Cleansing Tips