Eco-Friendly 3D Printer Prints LIVING Gardens From Organic Ink
"Print, because it's green."
If you weren’t impressed by the Origami pot that grows with your plant, you’re bound to be inspired by this invention capable of producing living gardens.
Project PrintGREEN is transforming 3D printers into on-demand gardeners after it created the world’s first “Green” 3D printer in 2013.
The innovation is capable of producing living prints by printing customized objects in a variety of sizes and forms.
PrintGREEN was created by students Maja Petek, Tina Zidanšek, Urška Skaza, Danica Rženičnik and Simon Tržan, with help from their mentor Dušan Zidar, at the University of Maribor in Slovenia. The team’s goal is to unite art, technology, and nature, creatively producing living designs with the help of technology.
The eco-friendly “ink” is a combination of soil, seeds, and water which can be designed to print in any shape or letter. Once the ink dries, the muddy mixture holds its form and begins to sprout grass from the organic material.
In addition, PrintGREEN is capable of printing along the z-axis to produce bowls and other sculptural shapes. While the objects don’t contain seeds in their structures, they do incorporate a top layer of grass to grow similar to a potted planter.
As ModernMet shares, the slogan of the unique project is a twist on the old conservationist motto, “think before you print.” Instead, they’re telling their audience to “print, because it is green.”
Check out PrintGREEN’s website here, and support their Facebook page here.
Comment your thoughts on this awesome innovation below, and be sure to share this article!
Source: True Activist
- 3D Printing: 2,500 Ft² House PRINTED in 20 Hours
- Seed Bombers Can Plant An Entire Forest of 900,000 Trees A Day!
- Everything You Think You Know About Animals Is Wrong
- Disturbing Aerial Photos Show What Killing Billions Of Animals For Meat Is Doing To The Environment
- What if Animals Treated Us How We Treat Them?
- 11 Thought Provoking Images Show What Humans Are Really Doing To The Planet
- You Will Want To Recycle Everything After Seeing These Photos!
- New Zealand Now Recognizes ALL Animals As Sentient Beings!
- Costa Rica Becomes The FIRST Nation To Ban Hunting!
- Ecuador Just Set The World Record For Reforestation!
- Bolivia Gives Legal Rights To The Earth
- This Indian Man Planted an Entire Forest by Hand
- This Film Should Be Seen By The Entire World!
- 4 Minutes That Will Change Your Life
- Possibly the Most Eye Opening 6 Minutes Ever on Film
- Gray whale dies bringing us a message — with stomach full of plastic trash
- Paradise or Oblivion (Documentary) - The Venus Project
Eco-Friendly 3D Printer Prints LIVING Gardens From Organic Ink Reviewed by Katerina Pap on 1:21 PM Rating: